Report on most recent timeline activities for all accounts

Related products: None

We would like to add visibility to our leadership on when was the last time a Customer was engaged. Timeline would be the perfect feature to report this from, however there isn't a way to report on that. I can pull reports with timeline activities and summarize them by Max Date. That would give me the Last Entry, however there isn't much I can do from here.

Hi Yosune,

What additional data would you want to display in the report?

Hey Yosune -

I would recommend creating an MDA Object to hold that last timeline entry information - something like Account ID (with lookup to Company), Activity ID, Subject, Entry Author, Activity Date, etc..

Seed the object with every active account ID. Then create a new rule that pulls all timeline activity entries (can time box this after the first run). Next, perform a transformation step to group by Account ID and show Activity Date (MAX). Finally, use this Max Activity Date to Merge back to the original timeline entry dataset and pull out the needed information on the specific Max Activity (Subject, Author, Activity ID, etc.). You can set to run this per your specifications.

Finally, create a dashboard off this new MDA object with global filters to allow for targeting of individual accounts and/or last activity within a certain time frame (e.g. over 30 days ago).

Let me know if you have any queestions? Thanks!

Tim

The idea would be to create a dashboard for our leadership to have a comprehensive status of the customer and our engagement efforts. Was it meeting or update. We have other custom dropdowns in there regarding the nature of the meeting with the customer (CSM, PM or Support call) I would also like to crossreference with some account stats, like %Adoption or licenses bought, etc.