Report on Activity Timeline WITH Note Template

Related products: None

Note Templates are great. Would love to be able to report on activities that used a note template since we cannot enforce the use by Activity Timeline and can really only provide guidance. 

Is this the right place to point out Defaulting a Timeline Template as admin based on the Activity Type? :grin:

Is this the right place to point out Defaulting a Timeline Template as admin based on the Activity Type? :grin:

Make a new Idea I think - I’ll vote for it!

We are using note templates for our account transitions scenarios and can not report off of which scenario the CSM picked. This is a huge miss in my opinion

@davebrown2242 is this what you had in mind? 

We have numerous Note Templates configured for a variety of use cases and would love to further analyze the usage of each template, however, as noted above this is not currently possible. We have no reporting abilities and are limited to a basic usage count with no reference to the related activities, which provides very minimal value for admins. 

We have numerous Note Templates configured for a variety of use cases and would love to further analyze the usage of each template, however, as noted above this is not currently possible. We have no reporting abilities and are limited to a basic usage count with no reference to the related activities, which provides very minimal value for admins. 

Having the ability to report on the utilization of specific assets such as which timeline templates are being used and how often is valuable information for OPs teams to know for several reasons. I’d love to see more asset tracking capabilities for this and others like dashboards, reports, email templates, etc.

Having the ability to report on the utilization of specific assets such as which timeline templates are being used and how often is valuable information for OPs teams to know for several reasons. I’d love to see more asset tracking capabilities for this and others like dashboards, reports, email templates, etc.

@danny_hallgren While it won’t help with note template usage, there is a Gainsight object that might be useful for you for tracking some asset usage:

There’s a few oddities with the object but it can be a starting point for looking at report/dashboard usage at least.