Report export size limit

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Please increase the size limit to export reports above 15 mB. We often need to download larger reports and manipulate the data within Excel and this limitation causes significant manual work. Thank you.

Ref. Gainsight Ticket 71122

Same here. I noticed that on another post from 2 years ago, someone from product commented "When It is more than 18 MB, then it is most likely a data export than a reporting export requirement. So I suggest you to use Bionic Rules with Export to S3 option."

But in our use case, this is our leadership team wanting data in raw form, at their fingertips, so they can manipulate data as needed for various purposes, one-offs, etc. They don't have - and never will have - access to the Rules Engine to export.

This seems like a valid ask.

Thank you Jeff - this is our exact use case. Leadership wants to manipulate large amounts of raw data and does not have administrative access.

Found another post that was requesting similar as well: https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/export-to-csv-file-size-failure-5c12a825e4b0ff4cdbcab757

Angela and Jeff,

Because of email attachement file size limiations, (by Gmail, Outlook, etc.) the there is restriction on how much data we allow to export from a report export. As Jeff rightly pointed out, looks like your problem is around data export.

Can you share some more use-cases around exports? We are currently evolving our data export strategy and any response will be extremely helpful.

Thank you for following up! The report that prompted me to write this post was when CSM leadership needed to download closed CTA data. I am scoping how this information is used post-download and will provide more information when available.

Thank you for following up. This is the current user story:

As a CSM Leader, I need to download raw data about Closed CTAs so I can create meaningful pivot tables to share with CSM managers.

I am still scoping the details of the final product CSM Leadership is looking to create and will provide more information as soon as it is available.

Leadership team = end users

We cannot create reports for every possible use case/scenario our leadership team may need or want. Often they have one-off reporting needs, not something they need long term but just for a specific instance. Giving them a raw data dump allows them to create and manipulate data in Excel to achieve whatever they may need without taxing our ops team with every single data/report request.