Report Builder: Wrap Text at the Column level

Related products: None

Would be very helpful to select columns in tabular reports where you could wrap text,  especially if the Column Headers names are longer than the data that resides in the column.

Hi Jeff,

Tabular reports do have a wrap lines function today. Were you looking for something different?

Sorry I was in a rush to the dentist when I added this.  I meant to say select columns to wrap text "as the default" so that they automatically load wrapped.  Does that exist someplace?  I didn't find it in Report Builder - but I'm still acclimating to all the changes over the last year so I could easily have over looked it.

Also, being able to select individual columns to wrap, not all or nothing.

Thanks Dan!
The one thing that I also noticed on this is that if you click the "Wrap Lines" box, and then attempt to sort the column, the line wrap is removed. More of a nuance than anything 🙂
YES!
This has become a bigger request as of late from our users. Any udpate?

Same.

Any update on this? Seems like it shouldn't be that hard to resolve.

@dan_ahrens

@rakesh - can we get your thoughts on this request?

@darkknight appreciate your feedback and your usage on Gainsight product, great to hear feedback from you in all the areas of the product.

Currently, this is not on our road-map, but we will prioritize this based on multiple customers' interest

@All, Please hit Like or Follow to prioritize this feature.

Once again thanks for bringing this up!

Likes should definitely be taken into consideration - but hopefully that's not the only consideration. I would hope product would also look at these requests and consider the end user experience as well as the professional appearance of the application.

When you present a report that looks like this to leadership as the default

It does not look as professional as this:

Hello @rakesh my team is asking for this functionality as well for Shared360. Any update?

+1 for this, would love to be able to wrap column headers as default when the data itself is basic and therefore shorter (such as true/false, or numeric)

@sai_ram and @dan_ahrens  - This is still a very relevant request as we admins do try to make our end users life easier (from time to time). Any ETA on this?

@davebrown2242Thanks for bringing this up and happy to say that we have implemented this request as part of the new report builder. 

@HollySimmons, @darkknight@sierra_evans and @samantha_braastad 

Feel free to tease us @sai_ram with an ETA! ;)

@sai_ram by “included in new report builder” are you referring to what’s currently available in NXT? Report Builder BETA? Some clarity would be helpful, thanks!

Good point @ana_g  - I am referring to the ‘Report Builder BETA in SFDC edition.

The Admin menu item has been there for a few weeks just tempting me. I still click it every so often as we are in the full swing of 2021 with better Dashboard insights. Would definitely love to leverage any new/additional functionality BEFORE I go too far down this rabbit hole.

@sai_ram by “included in new report builder” are you referring to what’s currently available in NXT? Report Builder BETA? Some clarity would be helpful, thanks!

@ana_g The new Horizon report builder is next evolution of reporting for both NXT and SFDC customer. Its currently beta planned to be released in a month or two.