Report Builder: Advance logic default

Related products: None

Hello to the Power at Be:

I ran across a unsually defualt that I am not sure is efficient. Per my understanding, When you remove a filter from Report builder,  the advance logic equation will reset it self to all ‘ANDs’ and undo a logic. This is inefficient when we are talking about a larger equation. Currently, I believe we have the abiliyt to add 26 filters to our reporting. If i have to rebuild a logic for 26 filters every time i want to change something, that is adding an extra 15 minutes to this task. Further more if I am testing or doing data analytics and adding and removing multiple times, I have to re-write the 26 item equation over and over again. I hope you can see where I am going with this. Is there a better way to do this? Can I get an error message instead of a complete reset?

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

Best Regards,

Darshana Shah

Efficiency Advocate!!!

Hi Darshana,

Thanks for pointing this out. The way we handle advanced logic in reporting is indeed not the best. I’ve added this to the roadmap and let you know if we pick this up. 

This has definitely caused me issues in the past.  :)

+100, this is super time consuming, especially since the UI for filter logic doesn’t show the entire expression. My current workaround is to build the logic expression in a word doc. Is this still on the roadmap?