Renewal Center - Allow Admins to modify/delete Predefined Views

Related products: None

Right now at least, the predefined views in Renewal Center cannot be deleted or modified. If you make an edit to a predefined view, those edits will only be saved as a new view. As an admin, I need the ability to modify these views as they are the default page views and getting end users to ignore these and go to the views I created is an unnecessary step.

Why this is useful: There are some widgets on the views we simply won’t be using out of the box, or don’t need exposed to our end users by default. In addition, there are certain things we wish to highlight both by the order and combination of widgets we present that we’re simply not able to do now.

Note: As of the time of writing, the current documentation states that this is possible, however that does not accurately reflect the current functionality.

@bradley We are analysing this. Will provide an update to you by next week.

@vivekreddy thanks for looking after my multitude of questions/requests :)

@vivekreddy Any update? :)

Hi @bradley 

I work with the Product team here looking after Renewal Center. If I understood your problem correctly, you need your end-users to by default land on the view that they last used or any specific view that they might have created rather than the default view (‘All Opportunity’) that we provide as part of Renewal Center right? 

Let me know if there is anything else here.

Hi @bradley 

I work with the Product team here looking after Renewal Center. If I understood your problem correctly, you need your end-users to by default land on the view that they last used or any specific view that they might have created rather than the default view (‘All Opportunity’) that we provide as part of Renewal Center right? 

Let me know if there is anything else here.

That would certainly be helpful but not the ask here. What I’m asking for specifically is an admin ability to modify the out of the box/default views in renewal center.

Hi @bradley 

We have added this to our backlog, I’ll keep you posted when we pick this for release. 

Thanks! 

Any update on this please?

The default view makes no sense to our users as we don’t use the default CSM field and I can’t remove any of the filtered fields from the Global Filters configuration either while they still have dependencies on the default view

I’m in the same boat as jparker. We use Account Owner instead of CSM so the default views don’t work for any of our end users, some of whom aren’t CSMs. Being able to select a default view that works is a big deal