Rename option for fields in the CTA

Related products: None

Hi team,

One of the user is expecting the option to rename the fields on the CTA. 

For example . I have added the ownership field to the “show me” section of CTA. User is expecting to provide a feature in such a way that they can modify the field name (Ownership) as per their choice.

Please let me know your thoughts 

Hi @sandeepchidiri 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Is this something each user wants to configure / or the admin wants to change the display name for the entire org. In this example, what would the users want to call the “Ownership” field?

Hi @aditya_marla 

Thank you for your reply. I have given a sample field (ownership) for the understanding. I am including  @jordan_cook  to provide detail information regarding the scenario.

@jordan_cook  Can you please provide more information regarding this use case so that our product team can look into it.

@jordan_cook did you get a chance to view the comments by our product team? Please provide more information.

I’m not exactly sure what you are looking for here, but the use case was that essentially we could have two columns with the same name, or a column header that is not properly descriptive.

For example, if you want to show the CTA Reason, you have to display it like this:
CTA → Reason → Name.
And the column header just says “Name”. It would be more appropriate to have it display as “Reason”.

Is there anything else you were hoping to see?

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for sharing this. For the standard fields (such as type/reason/status etc.) we plan to handle them during the UI redesign of cockpit. For other fields such as the one mentioned by Sandeep (Account->Owner)...is it not possible to update the name of the field? 

@jordan_cook This is added to our backlog so changing the status to Under Consideration. 

@sai_ram Status still appears as “response from customer” to me. 

@sai_ram Status still appears as “response from customer” to me. 

@kyle_handley Thanks for the update!