Rearranging Tasks in Objectives

Related products: None

Got a question from one of my CSMs today around how you could rearrange the tasks under an objective if you had updated the due dates for the tasks.  It doesn’t look like that’s currently something that’s possible, but could see the utility of being able to do so.

Hi Heather,

You cannot manually rearrange the tasks but you can ensure that they get sorted by the due-date of the task

Regards

@heather_hansen did you get a chance to view comments posted by @aditya_marla. Does sorting by due-date work for you?

@sai_ram @aditya_marla Maybe I’m just not seeing how to do that, but I changed the Due Date on the first task to a later date than the last task, and I can’t get them to rearrange.  I guess I would envision something more like a drag and drop in case you wanted to rearrange them.

Hi Heather,

In the Task administation we have a setting which decides the order in which tasks show up. Would this help your use-case? 

@aditya_marla Not really because we do want them to be in the playbook order by default, but give the CSM/AM the ability move them if needed.

Got it. As of today it's not possible, will keep you updated if there is any change/progress we make on this

We could also benefit from this. Similar to @heather_hansen  we want the CSMs to see the tasks in the playbook order, but if the dates change along the way it would be nice for them to be able to reorder the things in a logical manner. Each of the display options has their drawbacks so the ability to manually rearrange would allow much needed flexibility no matter which default option you choose. 

Got it, Josh. Thanks for sharing more details on this. As of today, we do not have any active plans for providing this capability. But I will add it to the backlog and keep monitoring this post and let you know if there is any new development