Real-time rules triggered from objects that are commonly updated in real-time

Related products: None

99% of the changes we make to the Company object are done through scheduled rules. Our CS team generally does not make manual updates (by design.) This sort of defeats the purpose of real-time rules for us, since they would only be triggered when our SCHEDULED rules change something in the company object.

I would love to be able to trigger real-time rules based on changes/updates to objects that are more likely to be updated in real-time. Example objects would be - survey objects, timeline activities, CTAs, etc.

+1 from me. We typically don’t update the company object much. We do want to sync these real time with changes in SFDC but that’s not as valuable as realtime rules for CTAs or Surveys in my opinion. 

Hi @jeffmancini 

Thanks for posting.

As we try and figure out what events we want in Real Time rules, can you share a couple of top usecases that you want? If you were to pick 2, which 2 would that be?

Hi @jeffmancini 

Thanks for posting.

As we try and figure out what events we want in Real Time rules, can you share a couple of top usecases that you want? If you were to pick 2, which 2 would that be?

The top two uses cases for us would be surveys and timeline activities:

1. Surveys - Positive/Negative survey comes in → notify appropriate parties or Slack channel, etc.
  2. Timeline Activities “R/Y/G Sentiment” - With each activity entry the CSM gives a R/Y/G sentiment status in a custom drop down field in the activity. Being able to trigger a Slack message when an activity is entered as “Red” would be ideal. Using scheduled rules means the Slack Channel would get spammed at the same time(s) everyday. Using some field on the Company object would require another manual step for the CSMs who are already entering a Timeline Activity.
  3. Timeline Activities “Advocacy Events” - When our customers complete advocacy events (prospect references, co-marketing, speaking events, etc.) our CSMs log a Timeline Activity for tracking purposes. Again, we’d love to be able to notify a Slack Channel in real-time

CTAs being manually created/closed would also be another one. Let me know if you need any further information.

Hi @jeffmancini 

Thanks for posting.

@rakesh on of our current use case is with the Person section

• Our CSMs use the person section to create and update contacts. We would like to be able to do the sync using Realt-time rules as this will prevent someone from updating it in Salesforce and someone else in GS within the same 2 hour time frame.

@rakesh in the meantime is there a way to create custom events that would read the creation/modification of person in Gainsight? I’m having a hard time trying to figure that out.

Agreed. This would significantly help us.

Hi @jeffmancini 

Thanks for posting.

@rakesh on of our current use case is with the Person section

• Our CSMs use the person section to create and update contacts. We would like to be able to do the sync using Realt-time rules as this will prevent someone from updating it in Salesforce and someone else in GS within the same 2 hour time frame.

@rakesh in the meantime is there a way to create custom events that would read the creation/modification of person in Gainsight? I’m having a hard time trying to figure that out.

Hi @obarrette the Real Time Bi-directional sync will help both the use cases here. A detailed explanation is given here by @pgeorge : 

Hey team, checking in. I see this is planned but is there an ETA for it? Thanks!

@Shilpa Gumnur , @rakesh for updates

@anirbandutta 

@rakesh will be able to update on Rules and @pgeorge on Real Time Sync.

Hey team, checking in. I see this is planned but is there an ETA for it? Thanks!

Hi @jbeaumont 

We will be adding Cockpit events to Real Time Rules soon (Maybe Q1) cc: @sriram pasupathi 

I was hoping to have a Real Time rule that I could run against an action in Success Plans.  Ie. status SP status changes to closed. 

My use case is an open CTA with type Risk is flagged as “is IMP” then updates our health scorecard Exception to Red until the CTA is either closed or the flag is removed.

when is this planned for? Has anyone explore any workaround to achieve real time triggers based on updates made to CTAs, timeline, success plans?

Desperately need Real-Time rules for CTAs and Timeline….

@mpatra any updates on this track?

Wanted to update that we have released Cockpit events in Q2 release (progressive rollout as mentioned in the doc - Gainsight NXT Release Notes 6.33 July 2022 - Gainsight Inc.)

Coming back to this, is there an update on the ability that when something happens on the Company object (or another object), that a CTA is created in real time?

We really need real-time rule events for timeline. Any update on the planned release?

We really need real-time rule events for timeline. Any update on the planned release?

@Bhawya