Question. Is it possible to report on the "Drafts" in Timeline by User? [Email to Timeline]

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

Hi everyone!

I'm currently loving email to timeline, as it's helping us ensure that we're getting communication into the system! But we're running into users that aren't exactly staying up to date on reviewing their 'Drafts' in Global Timeline.

So, I was wondering how are others managing the ensuring that their users are reviewing their 'drafts' sections? Ideally, I would like a report that the managers can review to speak with their teams - but I'm not finding where that would be stored...

As always, THANK YOU! 🙂

@nitisha_rathi - any thoughts on this request?

@sagan_sherlin - in the meantime you can ask Gainsight support for this data and they can run a report for you.

This is something we've been encountering as well.

It would be great if it was possible to report on these drafts so we can easily track which users are on top of things, need coaching, etc...

@sagan_sherlin definitely a valid use-case and we understand the need too.

We have this in our long term product road-map.

To increase the priority on the road-map let's take the feedback from other customers as well.

@All, please hit like or follow the post to show your interest.

This is on our roadmap. ETA not yet available.

this would be a great feature to have.

@dan_ahrens@sai_ram - Lets not loose sight of this one! :)

Pretty standard need from an Ops perspective

@dan_ahrens@sai_ram- Lets not loose sight of this one! :)

Pretty standard need from an Ops perspective

Agreed that this is a hot one!

Thanks @dan_ahrens !

Any update on this? Thank you!

I wanted to add another note here to see if there had been anything implemented on this front. It would be great to set up an admin notification when we are nearing our draft limit! 

Thanks! 

@Bhawya, anything we can share in this regard? 

Any update on this one? Can we still not report on Drafts? 

I’m new at a company that has been using Gainsight Assist for a while, but they were not well enabled on it and have been “doing it wrong” and just discovered that nearly all my users have FULL draft folders. 

Even if they had been using it right, it is still very easy for an email to go to your drafts and you don’t even realize it. 

You really want to improve the admin experience? Admins must have better control over this feature.

I have ran into an instance where this feature would be useful. As of right now, I have a customer that needs to move Drafts from one User to another, and I can’t compile a report for these Drafts.

@darkknight what does “Full” mean? Is there an enforced limit?

@Bhawya to put it on your radar

The ability to run reporting on email drafts would be very helpful. We’re currently using Gainsight Assist for Outlook. There isn’t anything that stops a user from logging an email to Timeline without selecting a company. The issue is that the individuals submitting these emails only utilize Gainsight through a Microsoft D365 widget. Through that widget, they cannot see draft emails so these emails disappear. We’d love a way to run an audit report of all emails that didn’t get logged to ensure none are missed.

I also think this would be helpful for any team wanting a report on their dashboard.

Thanks!

My team would like to see drafts on their dashboard to provide more visibility to unsent drafts.  I’ve had this happy many times personally, thinking the email was sent and finding it days later in draft status.  

@kraschkeaxon +1 to this idea. If we can make this folder reportable we can get a widget into a dashboard or embedded report on an internal newsletter to CSMs as a reminder and quick visual on tying these drafts to an account.

We would like access to this data as well.  Our use case is that some of our executives are looking to start utilizing the Gainsight Assist plug-in with g-mail.  The concern I have is that they may not be as aware of clearing their drafts.  This can create a lot of churn if they are not seeing emails they tagged on the accounts because they are sitting in a draft state.