Providing Unique Survey URL's to In-app Messaging

Related products: None

We are currently challenged with wanting to leverage our Pendo In-App messaging (with better response rate) to conduct NPS surveys while we are very pleased with the results in Gainsight. Ideally it was recommended that we provide a Gainsight survey link within Pendo, but alas, this is ONLY applicable for anonymous surveys.

As an Admin, I was wondering if the following potential work-around is feasible: 

1. Generate send list via query for a “utility” Program in Gainsight
  2. Configure program so the “send to” is “bogus” or a utility account
  3. Query AO emails for the field “Survey Link” after email send record is complete
  4. Use the URL from the above step to associate to Pendo accounts via email address ID? 
  5. Send link to In app users in Pendo 

Again, I have not inspected the survey URL per AO Email record yet and assuming it might be user-specific or custom?  If not, any thoughts on maybe how to do this w/out anonymous surveys in the next month? Please? :)

@keith_mattes -- Looks like the Survey Link is generated and remains available unless the response is recorded. I tried accessing the link in a browser not authenticated to Gainsight and the link resolved. I think it could work.

SWEEEEET!!!! Thanks for jumping on this @john_apple !!! So great to hear from you!  Have you been designing anything fun recently? :)

I think this could/should be supported by it’s own data object to preserve the cleanliness of the AO Email data for all production/live programs and would be happy to help if this is a valid solution :)

We are currently challenged with wanting to leverage our Pendo In-App messaging (with better response rate) to conduct NPS surveys while we are very pleased with the results in Gainsight. Ideally it was recommended that we provide a Gainsight survey link within Pendo, but alas, this is ONLY applicable for anonymous surveys.

As an Admin, I was wondering if the following potential work-around is feasible: 

1. Generate send list via query for a “utility” Program in Gainsight
  2. Configure program so the “send to” is “bogus” or a utility account
  3. Query AO emails for the field “Survey Link” after email send record is complete
  4. Use the URL from the above step to associate to Pendo accounts via email address ID? 
  5. Send link to In app users in Pendo 

Again, I have not inspected the survey URL per AO Email record yet and assuming it might be user-specific or custom?  If not, any thoughts on maybe how to do this w/out anonymous surveys in the next month? Please? :)

@keith_mattes Are you using PX, if not would suggest you to use PX for in-app messaging. 

@sai_ram , thank you for your response… we are just using CS at the moment.  PX would certainly solve for this :)

@mglarocca FYI - looks like there might be something for the in app surveys