Provide ability to remove 'Add' button on C360 related lists

Related products: CS 360 Company & Relationships

Adding a related list section to the C360 based on an MDA object automatically displays an ‘Add’ button on the top right hand side of the related list.  

Please provide the ability to remove this add button per a configuration option on each individual section.  For instance, I might want the user to be able to add a Case - but I may not want them to add an Asset.  Or I might not want them to add any data at all.

The inability to hide these is a major functionality gap and creates a lot of confusion to the end users. 

Absolutely agree!

I’ll second that! 

We need this too, we want to show reports for certain data (like support cases) but not have our users create their own ones. 

I also absolutly agree to that. Having the option for all of our users to create new records will definitly lead to data inconsitency and makes the live of an admin even harder.

I hope you can find a quick solution for that.

@Dheepak G could you pl take a look at this?

@Prateek Parashar Can you please have a look at this request. The ask is to provide an ability for the Admins to enable/disable the “Add record” for the end users while configuring the Reporting section / widget.

No StatusAcknowledged

C’mon now

This is a major gap in functionality in my perspective.  Showing information in report sections is very valuable to us to keep CSMs and others up to speed on account related items.  However, the risk of having someone add in data to something like orders or even change the data is a big concern.  If someone did this, the data would no longer be accurate or trusted in Gainsight which would eventually lead to users getting this data from other places and not log in to Gainsight.  

Can you please provide a update on this one? 

We may end up needing to remove these reports from C360s if this is not something on the near roadmap.    

Hi everyone,

We have carefully considered your feedback and as a result, we are pleased to inform you that we will be introducing a new feature that allows module admins to have control over enabling or disabling the ADD record functionality on reports.

We are currently planning to release this feature as part of the upcoming Inline Edit release.

AcknowledgedUnder Consideration