Preview results of Tasks are not shown for Horizon View of Connectors

Related products: None

Hi Team, 

Few customer are looking to preview the data in each task to understand, if the task is pulling the data correctly. The view doesn't let us preview any of the data, so it is hard to understand what is working and figure out where things are going wrong.

I believe this request is already in our Pipeline. But raising here, to get timeline or tentative ETA on this request. 

Best,
Hardik

@hardik_mota Thanks for sharing your request. I too vote for this.

@sai_ram we have added this to our near term road map. I will update you here once we add this to the release list.

@hardik_mota  : Connectors now offer the functionality of Data Preview. Currently, this feature is accessible for the HUBSPOT Connector, and more connectors will be incorporating it shortly.

PlannedImplemented

Previewing but without filter functionality is a bit misleading. What’s the point of previewing a dataset that does not honor the filters?

At least, that is the experience with the SF connector.

Hey @romihache , 

The purpose of data preview in connectors is to empower users by providing insights into the structure of data in external systems. This enables users to understand the nature of the data they will be working with and allows them to configure jobs independently, eliminating the need to rely on external system admins, such as those in Zendesk, Jira, Snowflake etc to create a job.

As for the absence of filter support, it stems from the diverse nature of external systems. Each system has its own unique API, with varying capabilities for applying filters—some supporting filters on certain objects or fields, while others may not support filtering at all. Our goal is to streamline the job creation process, ensuring users can efficiently create jobs without unnecessary dependencies. While filters are not currently supported to maintain a consistent user experience, we acknowledge the importance of this feature and it is under consideration for future enhancements. We are committed to continually improving and refining our platform to better serve your needs.

To address your issue, you have the option to review filtered data either through the Data Designer or within the Rules feature. :) 

Thank you @inagar, I appreciate the explanation!

Is it possible to add a warning to give context about these limitations when using connectors + filters? A pop-up when adding a filter for example? At least, I couldn’t find this caveat in the documentation, and is a piece of info that would be very useful to have right in your face 😅

+1 for providing a related notification and revising the documentation to address this. It’s not intuitive and I was also unable to readily locate these details elsewhere. These changes would be helpful!