{Posting on Behalf of Customer}Display Picklist Name(SFDC) or Picklist ShortName( MDA) for reporting

Related products: None

Hey Team,

I’ve noticed that while reporting on Picklists in reporting we display Picklist API Name(SFDC) or Picklist Name(MDA). We would need these two fields to match for the sync between SFDC and MDA to work.

However, SFDC API names are sometimes different from the Picklist names and less readable. In these scenarios, we don’t have a way of displaying Picklist Name(SFDC) or ShortName(MDA) in turn forcing the customer to display Unreadable values in reporting. 

Note: Workarounds include creating a separate picklist and populating them via case expressions( multiple if there are many picklist values) which can be cumbersome.

Could we try to display fields such as Picklist Name(SFDC) or Shortname(MDA) where the customer would have an option to display readable formats too?

Hi @prithvi_vihari 

We currently map the MDA picklist labels to SFDC picklist Api names as we require the labels to be unique and the labels in SFDC do not check for uniqueness.

Can you confirm if my understanding is correct?

A capability for admins to choose between short names or labels in Reports on Picklist items? Both the short name and the label would be pulled from MDA.

Thank you 

Preethi

@prithvi_vihari did you get a chance to view the comments here.

@pgeorge Yes! Your understanding is correct! However we wanted to check if it is Picklist label from SFDC or Short name from MDA

Hi all,

I’m facing the same issue as detailed. And while doing the CASE expression workaround does work to populate the field in the MDA objects, there’s still another big issue that I’m facing with filters.

Filters in global reports where there’s a report based on the SFDC object and others on objects in the MDA, basically won’t work as the filter will be comparing different values.

Hi all,

I’m facing the same issue as detailed. And while doing the CASE expression workaround does work to populate the field in the MDA objects, there’s still another big issue that I’m facing with filters.

Filters in global reports where there’s a report based on the SFDC object and others on objects in the MDA, basically won’t work as the filter will be comparing different values.

Actually, please disregard the filter comment. It does work