Post Timeline Activity to More than One Account

Related products: None

Hi, 

In cases where you have multiple accounts linked together through an account hierarchy, we often have the case where we would like to record a timeline activity and have it recorded on each account within the hierarchy. That way if someone records something important that relates to all accounts within the hierarchy, it won’t be missed. At the moment our team have to manually go to each account in the hierarchy and repeat the timeline entry - if you have 10-15 accounts in a hierarchy, that’s a pretty long process. 

If there could just be a tickbox when you are creating an activity that said ‘post to all accounts in hierarchy’ it would be extremely helpful. 

Any chance this is on your roadmap or could be added to be sorted in the next while?

Thanks

@faelan_herriott We understood the use-case. We have this in our long term road-map. Thanks for bringing this up! 

@all, We sometimes change the priority of the road-map based on the number of users votes, so please vote to change the priority of the road-map.

Happy posting!

@sai_ram - was wondering if there were any updates as to where this sits on your road map. Thanks in advance! 

@austin_hendrix Thanks for the follow-up! I will let you know. 

@austin_hendrix We have added this to our short term road-map. I will update you here once we consider this for release. 

Changing the Status to Planned.

This is awesome news - thanks @sai_ram ! 

Hi, This is on our short-term road map. I’ll keep you posted once we consider this for release.

Hi, our company is fairly new to Gainsight, and this topic has come up often. Has this been released or is it planned to be released soon?

Hi, our company is fairly new to Gainsight, and this topic has come up often. Has this been released or is it planned to be released soon?

@Bhawya, this item has been revisited. Anything we can share?

@sue.noblette We have introduced ‘Associated Record’ feature in timeline - The Associated Records helps admins to associate a Timeline activity with more than one record such as Company, Relationship, Cases, or CTAs. 

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Timeline/02Admin_Guides/Configure_Associated_Records_to_Timeline