Populate Company Id field for Relationship Programs for Email Logs 2.0

Related products: None

We recently found a big gap (at least big for us) with Email Logs 2.0. We are heavy users of relationships and have quite a few relationship level programs. For these programs, to pull any company level info into a report you first have to look up through the relationship to the company object and select the field you need. This is fine if you are only pulling a report of relationship programs. However, we have a need to pull a combination of relationship and company programs into the same report. To do this today, we’d need to have 2 separate fields for each company level field we want to surface….one that looks up through the relationship, and one that looks up directly via the company id. This is a mess for reporting and super confusing for end users that don’t ‘see’ the back end or understand how this data works. They just want to be able to filter by company to show all emails that have been sent to an account.

The ask...please auto populate the Company Id field for both Company and Relationship level programs. The data is already there (just in the wrong place)….or at least allow us an option within relationship programs to map the company id there.

Hey @katie_b  which fields are you expecting to pull data from?

I haven’t sent out a JO program for relationships (yet) and wonder if you could just clarify so I can keep an eye out for it/test the impact for us if it comes up. Are you saying when you check Email Logs v2 you expect to see the fields populated for:

1. +Company>GSID AND
  1. +Relationship ID>+Company>GSID

(by +object_name I mean this is the expandable lookup)

but in your experience, only #2 is populating when logging emails from a Relationship level JO program?

Out of curiosity, does #1 populate as expected when sending a non-relationship JO program?

@bradley You’re 100% correct. If we send a company program #1 is populated. If we send a relationship program #2 is populated, but #1 is blank...so essentially we have to pull 2 separate fields to get the same info if our report contains both company and relationship programs. I’d want #1 populated in both situations, and #2 only for relationship programs.

@katie_b - We are just starting to use relationship programs and realized that because the Company Id is not populating in the Email Log V2 object that these emails are not pulling in via reports on the C360 for email analysis because the identifier for those reports is the Company ID. Not sure if you encountered this issue also or have a work around.  But totally agree it would be much better if the Company ID was populated for relationship level programs.   

+1 Vote on this one, ability to decide if the Company ID would get used in one or both would be powerful in reporting and C/R360 generally