Question

Adding Features Automatically with Rules

• 7 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
I don't think this is doable, yet, but is there a way to automatically add Features to CS360 based on the won/closed Opportunity?

4 replies

Badge
Hi Joe, any suggestions or updates? we have hundreds of products. But the challenge i'm also facing is that i have to set up the rule to load each product. Do you know of any other approaches or suggestions on how other users are tracking Product Adoption automatically?
Badge
Hi Joseph, the trouble i'm having is that we have hundreds of products and features and i have to tell the rules engine which SKU ID to look for, and then if it's found i tell the rules engine to populate that specific product and feature. This seems pretty time consuming, but its the only thing i can think of currently. 
Badge
Hi Joseph, The Products would be viewable on the Opportunity, but the actual products are on a different object, and that object doesn't have a lookup back to the Account ID. Before i had to create a Dataspace report that would link the Account ID to the ordered product and use that Dataspace Report in the rules engine.

I'm picking this project back up as it has been on hold for quite a while. 

If Gainsight has come out with any new features or tutorials that can help me build a rule to add and remove the products and features (Licensed and Enabled) automatically that would be awesome.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi Johnny,

I'm curious to hear you elaborate on what the logic would be, but generally speaking this would be possible.

Are the products related to the opportunity with the opportunity product object in SFDC? As long as the products you care about can be defined as features in the Admin tab, a rule should be able to populate it.

If you have more context, definitely share.