Playbooks: Need the ability to "lock" the Playbook so it cannot be edited by end users

Related products: None

We have run into a situation where CSMs are editing the names of auto-triggered CTAs and/or Tasks, which is impacting some of our Rules and/or Reports that depend on the naming conventions of those items.

We need a way to lock fields on certain Playbooks (CTA Name, Task Subject, Reason, Priority) for CTAs thatwe do not want end users to edit.
Hi Jeff, Is this different than playbook permissions?  https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/212608887-Assigning-Playbook-Permissions
Hi Karl, yes it is. We have Playbook permissions enabled today and only members of our OPS team have Create, Edit and Delete access, which applies to the Playbooks tab under Cockpit. 

But what I am talking about is once a Playbook gets attached to a CTA....we need the ability to restrict the fields that can be edited for CTAs to which a playbook was attached via a rule or manually. Not all the fields, obviously because they still need to be able to change date, add comments, etc...but I am talking about core fields that should not be changed such as name, priority, type.

In both of these examples, the end user can still edit the CTA Name, Task subject, CTA Reason and Type.  
Oh, I see.  So this isn't really about Playbooks but actually CTAs -- e.g. you are looking at the CTA name.  
Well, it is about playbooks to an extent, because this would only be needed when/if a playbook is attached to a CTA, but yes it is the CTA Name/Task subject fields we need to restrict.  I cited playbooks because we don't want to restrict editing the CTA Name/Task Subject (or other fields) completely....only when certain Playbooks are attached to a CTA.
+1 for the CTA name, reason, and priority for an auto-generated CTA.  The reason and priority for reporting.  The CTA name--which is checked to include in identifiers--will generate another CTA when modified.

Absolutely vouch for this one - we have also Rules created based on CTA Names and some consequent updates to Salesforce based on some tokens as they are the only way to ensure a relationship between a CTA and a Salesforce Task. Any updates on this one @karl_rumelhart ? Thanks

Hi,

We are planning on having field-level permissions which will enable admins to define which fields can be edited by a group of CSMs. I will run this requirement to the Platform PM and keep this group updated on the status of the project.

Thanks,

Monica

CC: @Kartheek