Playbooks: "Draft" and "Published" statuses for Playbooks

Related products: None

Would be nice if you could create playbooks in a draft state, preventing them from being visible to end users until you're ready to "publish" it, but still editable/available to the rules engine and to those with Playbook create/edit/delete permissions.
Hi Jeff,

We were thinking in terms of having Active and Inactive Status for Playbooks, which would solve the above use-case. We do have this in our roadmap.
This would be FANTASTIC!

@hitesh_sharma_d90079 Where is this on the roadmap?

@All, We have raised this priority and added to the product backlog. I will update you here once we push this to our release.

You can expect this to be fixed in NXT. 

Thanks for bringing this up and happy posting!

@All, We have raised this priority and added to the product backlog. I will update you here once we push this to our release.

You can expect this to be fixed in NXT. 

Thanks for bringing this up and happy posting!

Hey @sai_ram - Would this also come out for none NXT users?  This would be wicked helpful in our world!  

@sai_ram when is this slated for? Our team absolutely needs similar functions in playbooks

1. Draft vs Published states
  2. Edit/Update/Delete permissions for Draft playbooks
  3. Edit/Update/Delete permissions for Published playbooks

Active and Inactive states would be helpful. I do agree with Jeff though that it would be even more helpful if there were other statuses that would align better to the lifecycle of a playbook. Inactive in my world could mean that we are creating the playbook or it could mean that we want to archive or bin it. It would be better I think if we could split those two up. Something like the following would work for me:

• Draft (inactive)
  • Published (active)
  • Archived or Trashed (inactive)

@sai_ram when is this slated for? Our team absolutely needs similar functions in playbooks

1. Draft vs Published states
  2. Edit/Update/Delete permissions for Draft playbooks
  3. Edit/Update/Delete permissions for Published playbooks

@aparimala and @jean.nairon sorry for inconvenience. Playbooks redesign is still in progress. 

I will once again discuss with product team on this and get back to you. 

@aparimala Can you expand on what do you mean by edit/update/delete permissions? Currently, only admins can edit/update/delete playbooks.