Partially Fixed

Outreach (Survey, Journey Orchestrator, etc): add pre-built filters to respect SFDC Email-Opt Out

• 4 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
In order to avoid human error, please add pre-built filters to any outreach capability to exclude any SFCC contacts who have opt-ed out of email. For folks who do not wish to respect this flag, the filter could be unchecked. Otherwise, the filter should be set to exlude these contacts automatically.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.14 release. Gainsight now provides users with more granular control to opt-out specific Contacts/Persons from email communications from the 360 > Person section. To enable users to opt-out specific Contacts/Persons from email communications, an Email Opt-Out field must be added to the Gainsight Person object in the LIST VIEW and DETAIL VIEW tabs of the 360 LAYOUTS page. After the Email Opt-Out field is added to the Gainsight Person object, users can set the value to true for a particular user of a company in the C360/R360 page. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Everyone,

Just a follow-up question on this enhancement. I can see this has been implemented and I am able to look at specific Person in a company and manually set email opt-out for them. Like most, we send communication emails and survey emails. Some customers would like to opt-out of surveys but keep marketing communication emails (or vice versa). As a CSM If I manually select Email Opt-Out = True for a Person it appears that they will be removed from all email communications.

Is it possible to configure Gainsight so a CSM can manually specify a Person to Email Opt-Out for only marketing email or only survey emails instead of all emails?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7

@smurray This is on our roadmap. ETA not yet decided.