Implemented

Outlook Integration with Gainsight

Userlevel 5
Today there is no integration of outlook with Gainsight. Communication and documentation of communication all in one place is key for CSM's success. As email is widely used and office email is key part of their day to day operation it would be very useful to have emails attach to the CTA so there is a context to the communication

chethana 1 year ago

Hello all,

Thanks for your posts. We are already working on outlook integration , this should be available for BETA in August. Please look for BETA program announcements and signup.

View original

62 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

The CSMs are getting restless!  Help your Gainsight Admins out!  Will we be able to see this feature in 1H2018?
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Jeff, no specific ETA or demo available at this time. We do recognize that this is a highly requested feature and we are working hard to deliver this. As it turns out, the logic and algorithms needed to manage this effectively and accurately (for example, to make sure that emails get attached to the correct accounts) are not a trivial piece of work and we want to make sure we do it right. 

The only thing worse than not having Timeline email integration is having Timeline email integration that jumbles your data!  

🙂
I need your boots, your clothes, and your mota-cycle!  But I'll take this integration in the meantime.  Please!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Agreed.  I often hear this feedback from our users.  Our event CTAs often correspond to client meetings.  Would be nice to enable some link between Outlook calendar events and CTAs such that when a meeting is rescheduled, the CTA's due date reflects this.  
Userlevel 3
Salesforce has an Outlook plugin...would be great to see this in Gainsight as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hey all. A quick update. Email/Calendar integration is still on the roadmap (we promise). :)

Currently looking like we will first be tackling getting important emails into Gainsight (via a tagging or bcc mechanism from within the email client) and making it easier to send emails from Gainsight (that ideally route through your email client so they would appear in your sent items and improve deliverability). 

We know this is a very popular product suggestion and are working to provide this capability. 

In the meantime - if you're able to share some of the top use cases that you anticipate your team following, that would be very useful to us as we design both the backend as well as the UI. 

Thanks!
Userlevel 4
Would also like to see CTAs integrate with Outlook tasks and reminders
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hey Renee - totally understand. Tell your CSMs that we are working on it and in the meantime, get to tha choppa!

🙂
Get this Outlook Integration done or I'll be bahck!  
Userlevel 7
I've gotten this request from a few additional customers, including EMC, Splunk, and Mindbody. Just wanted to make sure this is captured here as well. 
Some kind of integration plug-in that you could install in Outlook would be great - some kind of 'add to Gainsight Timeline button, or similar - to prevent CSMs having to copy and paste into their customers Timelines/CTAs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Sagan, task and event reminders like you mentioned would most likely not be in the first integration as we'll be focusing more on email with integrations for calendar and tasks coming further down the roadmap. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Lauren, that's a great thought, but right now the only methods supported for creation of Timeline activities are events directly in Gainsight (either via the Timeline activity window or via Email assist sync). 

But...we are working on a few enhancements right now to automate Timeline event creation. One of which is an option to allow you to tag emails (likely via a BCC) that you send to customers so that they appear on timeline automatically. We're also working on the ability to create Timeline entries using our rule engine automation, which would open up a whole host of different source options. 

🙂
Userlevel 6
Thanks for the feedback. Better integration with outlook completely makes sense. I'd love you help in prioritization the following use cases with this

1) A reply (and all subsequent replies in that conversation) to a copilot email (which can be setup today to go inbox of CSM) is copied back into Gainsight
2) Same as #1, but for semi-automation emails (this is new functionality releasing in August, where email tasks can be created in cockpit via playbooks. CSMs can then just hit send)
3) All emails sent a customer via Outlook (or whichever email clients) show up in C360 to some kind of sync with email.
4) CSM or customers (or any one else) can email virual email address - say - email_listner@<customer-name>.gainsight.com and only in this case does the email get copied to Gainsight
5) Ability to create manual emails from scratch within Gainsight
6) Gainsight widget in email client
7) Copilot emails can include a calendar invite (via an .ics file attachment)
Userlevel 5
Badge
From my perspective 1, 7, and 2 (in that order) are most important for our org at the moment.  I am working on setting up copilot outreach (and follow up outreach) for our SMB portfolio and capturing replies would be enormously helpful in streamlining this process (both automation and business process) and reduce risk of accidentally firing follow up outreach where none is needed.

Next would be 3, 6, and 5.  I'm not sure I understand 4.

I would also be interested in exploring how we could tie certain types of CTAs to outlook invites such that moving the invite would automatically update due date on the CTA.  I spoke with Marie Froshaw about this a few weeks back.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey! 

Currently our CSMs do not log email activities in timeline. We use another program that will automatically log email activities into Salesforce. 

I do agree that this automation would be an improvement for CSMs that are manually logging, and having to copy and paste the email into timeline. 

My only concern is just the clutter this would create in Timeline. Not every email sent to the client would be something that is relevant or important enough to be in timeline. I'd rather keep that for important activities only so that the information is easily accessible. It'd be great if there was control over what logged into timeline that way CSMs can choose on what is important/relevant to put in timeline. 
Since there is integration with Outlook and Salesforce could some type of workaround be put in place that if we push an email or meeting from Outlook to Salesforce that it then shows up in the timeline or as an activity on the Client's C360?  
Userlevel 7

Hello all,

Thanks for your posts. We are already working on outlook integration , this should be available for BETA in August. Please look for BETA program announcements and signup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
In theory seems like it would be. But when most of your customers are on Salesforce and leverage the Contact object (and more increasingly Related Contacts) this appears to create an additional layer of management of individuals that connect with accounts/companies through different ways significantly increasing the complexity with limited cross-sync capabilities that I've been able to deduce from the documentation.

I have requested a meeting with my CSM to discuss this, because it seems like this is a long way from being usable for Salesforce customers.

Although any integration to Outlook will be a step in the right direction.  The fact is Gainsight like every other SaaS provider wants to keep your eyes on their platform. So although most of the the real world works using Office365. I suspect the integration will not be particularly great.  They’ve been dragging their feet for years. I really hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see me getting away from having to duplicate absolutely everything so that we can track the CS activities in the Gainsight platform (which iit s good at).. and then duplicate every single activity in office 365 (using tasks/emails/Teams and calendar ). which gainsight isn’t so good at.

Please ensure it will work with office 365 (not just outlook on premise)

Userlevel 6
Thanks for the response. Understood your last comment. For #7 is the use case for webinars or for more personal meetings? Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
At present the team is reaching out manually to schedule a business review.  For SMB, they include a personalized link (ScheduleOnce) to determine availability.  Once the client has responded to indicate what times would work for them, they create the outlook invite.  

Has anyone used this BCC feature yet?  Does it capture the replies that the customer sends?

@Gainsight Are there any plans to create a true integration between Outlook and Gainsight?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Matthew, that would be great. Shoot me a note at dahrens at Gainsight dot com.

And feel free to share any use cases here in this thread for the benefit of the other folks reading. 🙂