Implemented

Outlook Integration with Gainsight

Userlevel 5
Today there is no integration of outlook with Gainsight. Communication and documentation of communication all in one place is key for CSM's success. As email is widely used and office email is key part of their day to day operation it would be very useful to have emails attach to the CTA so there is a context to the communication

chethana 1 year ago

Hello all,

Thanks for your posts. We are already working on outlook integration , this should be available for BETA in August. Please look for BETA program announcements and signup.

View original

62 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
+1 on this request. This would be a great feature to keep CSMs inside Gainsight as much as possible.

My main concern with this would be, where would we want these emails to be stored within Gainsight? Personally, I think that if all emails were integrated with Timeline that might create too much clutter and end up detracting users from using TL. 
Userlevel 4
Hey Manmeet, do CSMs currently log email activities to the timeline? I think it'd be an improvement to see emails stored on the TL, instead of logging them manually, but curious to hear your thoughts. 
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey! 

Currently our CSMs do not log email activities in timeline. We use another program that will automatically log email activities into Salesforce. 

I do agree that this automation would be an improvement for CSMs that are manually logging, and having to copy and paste the email into timeline. 

My only concern is just the clutter this would create in Timeline. Not every email sent to the client would be something that is relevant or important enough to be in timeline. I'd rather keep that for important activities only so that the information is easily accessible. It'd be great if there was control over what logged into timeline that way CSMs can choose on what is important/relevant to put in timeline. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Regarding the Roadmap - Will this also include a pop out or alert box that reminds the CSM about a meeting or task that is schedule for that day?  (Similar to how Outlook handles reminders.)  Or will that be future development?
Salesforce's Outlook integration within Lightning was very effective for us (pre-Gainsight). We'd be happy to talk about athenahealth's use cases, Dan. 
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Sagan, task and event reminders like you mentioned would most likely not be in the first integration as we'll be focusing more on email with integrations for calendar and tasks coming further down the roadmap. 
Since there is integration with Outlook and Salesforce could some type of workaround be put in place that if we push an email or meeting from Outlook to Salesforce that it then shows up in the timeline or as an activity on the Client's C360?  
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Lauren, that's a great thought, but right now the only methods supported for creation of Timeline activities are events directly in Gainsight (either via the Timeline activity window or via Email assist sync). 

But...we are working on a few enhancements right now to automate Timeline event creation. One of which is an option to allow you to tag emails (likely via a BCC) that you send to customers so that they appear on timeline automatically. We're also working on the ability to create Timeline entries using our rule engine automation, which would open up a whole host of different source options. 

🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Dan - what's the ETA on getting the email option to create Timeline entries?  I'm interested in seeing a demo of it, if possible.   

We did a GS demo for our CSMs yesterday and this was the biggest concern because to date we have use Outlook plugin with Salesforce and they are now worried they will have to do extra work to log emails to GS. 
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Jeff, no specific ETA or demo available at this time. We do recognize that this is a highly requested feature and we are working hard to deliver this. As it turns out, the logic and algorithms needed to manage this effectively and accurately (for example, to make sure that emails get attached to the correct accounts) are not a trivial piece of work and we want to make sure we do it right. 

The only thing worse than not having Timeline email integration is having Timeline email integration that jumbles your data!  

🙂
Thank you for the update and taking the time to do it right. Excited to use this functionality as well. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Agreed. Thanks!
Userlevel 3
If an email can be "send to" the gainsight timeline as Email-task would be very helpfull.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks for this update Dan! Our team loves Timeline, and this capability would continue to grow our adoption of both Timeline and Gainsight in general. 

We understand the complexity of accurately mapping entries to accounts and/or relationships... But, we're pretty excited for the potential feature. 
That's a great question Lauren! I wish someone can help answer it. I find it difficult to believe, with GS being an app built on the Force.com platform, that syncing activities from SFDC to GS timeline is such an issue. It would certainly solve this issue and keep a lot of GS customers happy. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/logging-emails-by-bcc-in-timeline?utm_source=notifi... While it's not the 'integration' that most of us are hoping for - by at least the way the chain reads.  It's a step in the right direction.  And I'm rather looking forward to it!
Userlevel 6
Badge
+1 to this idea! This would extremely helpful for CSMs and being able to document every communication in one place is the ideal solution.

#3, and #4 are the highest on my list.

I've gotten this request from a few additional customers, including Autodesk and Symantec. Just wanted to make sure this is captured here as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Looks like Email to Timeline is available in February release. But it requires the use of the Person model in Gainsight.

Womp. Womp.

Userlevel 4
@Jeff Kirkpatrick - where did you read that you need to have Person model enabled?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Heather - it's in the draft release notes for February: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v6OY1RtJHZ4nhlbBvKUWl-iieZokxpXW/view

Which links to another doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RckRiIDsV7OpnZ8BUXPEr-dMnHnolKX8pTq-3KP6wXI/edit#

Which states: "Ensure that required person records are added to Gainsight. They can be added from C360 > Person section > +PERSON when the Person associated with a specific Company or Relationship respectively."

And another which has some additional info, everything referencing "Person" https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m8OuzTnbeGZjBYHqKyjmMTxSqaYhTu6t7cA7mJwFJpY/edit#heading=h.gmh79kl2s01c

Userlevel 7
Badge
Jeff is correct, Email to Timeline uses the Gainsight Person model to know how to correctly match the email you sent to the right Company or Relationship.

We have so many great features in store that the Person model will enable like organizational charts, Person 360 for tracking individual user activities, and more! When you see all that this feature will enable, we hope you'll find it...

:-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
In theory seems like it would be. But when most of your customers are on Salesforce and leverage the Contact object (and more increasingly Related Contacts) this appears to create an additional layer of management of individuals that connect with accounts/companies through different ways significantly increasing the complexity with limited cross-sync capabilities that I've been able to deduce from the documentation.

I have requested a meeting with my CSM to discuss this, because it seems like this is a long way from being usable for Salesforce customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Another thread about Person model the need for best practices in a SF environment here: https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/best-practices-for-integration-of-person-model-with-sfdc-contactsrelated-contacts-5bfd5551e4b008b0aea9c0d0