Outlook Integration with Gainsight

Related products: CS Data Management & Integrations

Today there is no integration of outlook with Gainsight. Communication and documentation of communication all in one place is key for CSM's success. As email is widely used and office email is key part of their day to day operation it would be very useful to have emails attach to the CTA so there is a context to the communication
I've gotten this request too for this capability from the CSM team.
Hey Everyone! We are really excited to announce that Email to Timeline has been released with our Feb release (v6.0). Check out the details here: https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes/Current_Release_Notes/Release_Notes_Version_6.0_February_2019#Timeline

This feature will add emails that I send to the customer. Right? For emails the customer send to me, how do I get them on the timeline?

@All, Here is a good news, we have considered this enhancement and we are also giving an opportunity to do beta testing for this enhancement. 

Please go through this post for more details https://community.gainsight.com/product-news-updates-6/beta-testing-opportunity-cockpit-calendar-integration-37434

RackMultipart20171221-116032-1jbcxcj-Angry_Meme_inline.jpg

The CSMs are getting restless!  Help your Gainsight Admins out!  Will we be able to see this feature in 1H2018?

Here you go! 

RackMultipart20171221-116032-1jbcxcj-Angry_Meme_inline.jpg

The CSMs are getting restless!  Help your Gainsight Admins out!  Will we be able to see this feature in 1H2018?

@All, I am really happy to announce that this enhancement request is considered and will post here more updates .

Has anyone used this BCC feature yet?  Does it capture the replies that the customer sends?

@Gainsight Are there any plans to create a true integration between Outlook and Gainsight?

Although any integration to Outlook will be a step in the right direction.  The fact is Gainsight like every other SaaS provider wants to keep your eyes on their platform. So although most of the the real world works using Office365. I suspect the integration will not be particularly great.  They’ve been dragging their feet for years. I really hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see me getting away from having to duplicate absolutely everything so that we can track the CS activities in the Gainsight platform (which iit s good at).. and then duplicate every single activity in office 365 (using tasks/emails/Teams and calendar ). which gainsight isn’t so good at.

I’d love to hear about people’s experiences with the BCC function

Hello all,

Thanks for your posts. We are already working on outlook integration , this should be available for BETA in August. Please look for BETA program announcements and signup.

Is this Outlook 365 integration on track for delivery in FY21? 

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.18 release (SFDC / NXT). Gainsight Assist Outlook Add-in helps users access their Gainsight email templates directly from Outlook, thereby saving time when composing customer emails. The ability to log emails to Timeline from their inbox ensures that every important conversation is captured.  

This feature is now available for the users to download from the Microsoft store.

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!