Implemented

Outlook Integration with Gainsight

Show first post

62 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Agreed. Thanks!
Thank you for the update and taking the time to do it right. Excited to use this functionality as well. 
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Jeff, no specific ETA or demo available at this time. We do recognize that this is a highly requested feature and we are working hard to deliver this. As it turns out, the logic and algorithms needed to manage this effectively and accurately (for example, to make sure that emails get attached to the correct accounts) are not a trivial piece of work and we want to make sure we do it right. 

The only thing worse than not having Timeline email integration is having Timeline email integration that jumbles your data!  

🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Dan - what's the ETA on getting the email option to create Timeline entries?  I'm interested in seeing a demo of it, if possible.   

We did a GS demo for our CSMs yesterday and this was the biggest concern because to date we have use Outlook plugin with Salesforce and they are now worried they will have to do extra work to log emails to GS. 
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Lauren, that's a great thought, but right now the only methods supported for creation of Timeline activities are events directly in Gainsight (either via the Timeline activity window or via Email assist sync). 

But...we are working on a few enhancements right now to automate Timeline event creation. One of which is an option to allow you to tag emails (likely via a BCC) that you send to customers so that they appear on timeline automatically. We're also working on the ability to create Timeline entries using our rule engine automation, which would open up a whole host of different source options. 

🙂
Since there is integration with Outlook and Salesforce could some type of workaround be put in place that if we push an email or meeting from Outlook to Salesforce that it then shows up in the timeline or as an activity on the Client's C360?  
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Sagan, task and event reminders like you mentioned would most likely not be in the first integration as we'll be focusing more on email with integrations for calendar and tasks coming further down the roadmap. 
Salesforce's Outlook integration within Lightning was very effective for us (pre-Gainsight). We'd be happy to talk about athenahealth's use cases, Dan. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Regarding the Roadmap - Will this also include a pop out or alert box that reminds the CSM about a meeting or task that is schedule for that day?  (Similar to how Outlook handles reminders.)  Or will that be future development?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey! 

Currently our CSMs do not log email activities in timeline. We use another program that will automatically log email activities into Salesforce. 

I do agree that this automation would be an improvement for CSMs that are manually logging, and having to copy and paste the email into timeline. 

My only concern is just the clutter this would create in Timeline. Not every email sent to the client would be something that is relevant or important enough to be in timeline. I'd rather keep that for important activities only so that the information is easily accessible. It'd be great if there was control over what logged into timeline that way CSMs can choose on what is important/relevant to put in timeline. 
Userlevel 4
Hey Manmeet, do CSMs currently log email activities to the timeline? I think it'd be an improvement to see emails stored on the TL, instead of logging them manually, but curious to hear your thoughts. 
Userlevel 6
Badge
+1 on this request. This would be a great feature to keep CSMs inside Gainsight as much as possible.

My main concern with this would be, where would we want these emails to be stored within Gainsight? Personally, I think that if all emails were integrated with Timeline that might create too much clutter and end up detracting users from using TL. 
Get this Outlook Integration done or I'll be bahck!  
I need your boots, your clothes, and your mota-cycle!  But I'll take this integration in the meantime.  Please!
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hey Renee - totally understand. Tell your CSMs that we are working on it and in the meantime, get to tha choppa!

🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Matthew, that would be great. Shoot me a note at dahrens at Gainsight dot com.

And feel free to share any use cases here in this thread for the benefit of the other folks reading. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Hi Dan,

Do you want to set up some time in the new year and I can walk you though our main use cases?
Userlevel 6
Badge

The CSMs are getting restless!  Help your Gainsight Admins out!  Will we be able to see this feature in 1H2018?
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hey all. A quick update. Email/Calendar integration is still on the roadmap (we promise). :)

Currently looking like we will first be tackling getting important emails into Gainsight (via a tagging or bcc mechanism from within the email client) and making it easier to send emails from Gainsight (that ideally route through your email client so they would appear in your sent items and improve deliverability). 

We know this is a very popular product suggestion and are working to provide this capability. 

In the meantime - if you're able to share some of the top use cases that you anticipate your team following, that would be very useful to us as we design both the backend as well as the UI. 

Thanks!
Userlevel 4
@Gainsight Any update on Outlook Integration?
Chiming in here. Gainsight will obviously improve reporting, but if its the central (CDE) common data environment we need Outlook integration. Day to day many organisation manage customer engagement activities through Outlook. It would not be feasible to use Gainsight to plan, then to use Outlook to plan. CTA’s & Tasks would all become so much easier & would also be a record of value. I have one enterprise customer where we have a very high touch point, typically 5 to 6 per day, meetings, emails, webinars etc....they 18000 staff in size with 7000 users of our technology. Having to manage 2 systems is hard, if not impossible. Technology should work for us, not against us.....allowing us to free up time to devote to our customer & help drive adoption & value. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Agreed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
This has been on the suggestion list for some time. Any idea as to the timing for this enhancement? 
Some kind of integration plug-in that you could install in Outlook would be great - some kind of 'add to Gainsight Timeline button, or similar - to prevent CSMs having to copy and paste into their customers Timelines/CTAs.
Really love this idea.