Outlook/Google Calendar integration to Automatically create a CTA

Related products: None

Hi - an idea that was shared with my by one of my customers was related to creating CTAs automatically through Outlook/Google calendar integration. The use case is as follows:

• CSM creates a calendar meeting request to their customer to schedule a meeting. While in the calendaring app, they have an option to click a button that will sync that meeting to a CTA in Gainsight.

• The CTA will be created using relevant content from the meeting request (some details will have to be worked out as to how the correct customer is selected and how other mandatory fields are populated)

• CTA is now ready to be actioned upon once the meeting is held and the notes are added to the CTA or chatter feed for that customer. 
This would allow for reduction of an extra manual step and will especially assist in cases where customers do not have standing recurring meetings, but instead meet in an ad-hoc basis.

@chethana any further update on this one? 

@Ritesh Sharma would you be able to shed some light?

I’m following this as well because our team would love to be able to log to timeline or make CTAs from google calendar events. They were able to do this in SFDC and so it feels like a bit of a loss since we transitioned them. We use NXT.

@sriram pasupathi, @Ritesh Sharma anything on this feature? 

@here, we are currently building the calendar experience on Gainsight Home. Your calendar will be sync your calendar with Gainsight Home and you can click on a calendar event to create a timeline entry out of it. FYA @rakesh 

@donnajfuchs , @chris.williams and others.

Thanks for the update @sriram pasupathi 

Thanks for the update @sriram pasupathi . When you say it’ll be available, when do you mean?

Hi @donnajfuchs 

To elaborate on Sriram’s post, we are working on building a Calendar widget in Gainsight Home. With this, users will be able to connect to Calendar, see their meetings, join meetings and quickly take timeline notes against those meetings (with a lot of prefilled values from the meeting). It looks something like below (A rough visual representation - things not accurate): 

yH6PWmXW5pcGZJ7Y7_2yXlGBpIwPLsPLdtu2lgosCXBe-CmS1D14x1yN3N_4-6YIm1Oy3XpE2yRVhY1SHfyIY77Ioqg5bMWvf64c2m0GxJQMmT8Yr087a0wmmErdEEpX41uhhKMQyet2

Timing wise, we are targeting this by Q2. There is a chance of maybe shipping this earlier in our Q1 release. 

Hi @rakesh please could you keep me or our CSM Alex Helminski in the loop with this one please, as we would like to use it ASAP. Thank you everyone involved!

@rakesh cc: @chethana 

RE: “Calendar widget in Gainsight Home. With this, users will be able to connect to Calendar, see their meetings, join meetings and quickly take timeline notes against those meetings (with a lot of prefilled values from the meeting). It looks something like below (A rough visual representation - things not accurate). Timing wise, we are targeting this by Q2. There is a chance of maybe shipping this earlier in our Q1 release.

This feature will be very helpful in the workflow of our CSM/SAM teams. Can you tell us if this will automatically grab all attendees in the meeting invite and add them into the External Attendee field on a Timeline Activity? 

If you can also please provide an update on when this might be coming out and reconfirm if it will be available in both SFDC and NXT editions? (we currently have SFDC but are migrating to NXT in late Summer). Thank you!

@jeynreyn 

We are planning this for our Q1 release coming soon. Yes, they will be added automatically as long as they are in Company Person / Relationship Person. Unfortunately, Gainsight Home is NXT only, so this will also be NXT only.

Hello @LoLock 

Creating CTA in Gcal is available for only NXT. i was referring to the ability mentioned above where logging meeting to timeline directly from Gcal, this will be avaialble in both SFDC and NXT.

@rakesh  Thank you for the update and that’s great news that the attendees will auto-populate. One less step. :)

I saw @chethana ‘s post above in this thread that it would be in both editions for this feature. Was that changed then? I was hoping to have that functionality before we move to NXT so it would help solve our current issue of not being able to add a new contact who is currently not in SFDC or in the Company Person / Relationship Person. 

Our CSM/SAMs occasionally have a new contact on the meeting/call, who is not currently in SFDC or Gainsight and currently, you have to hop out to Person section, click + Person, then back to the note to search for the new contact). A simple series of steps but it is not efficient really and users get confused and require admin assistance.

Will there be any plans to have that function to +Person right from the Timeline Activity, like if the search for the person is not found, it says “Create new Contact” or “+add Person”? and it adds them to the Person section and allows that new contact to be in that External Attendees field instantaneously?

Hello, do we have any update for the Gainsight Assist to appear in Outlook Calendar meetings as of yet?  This functionality would be very helpful to our team.  Thank you.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.