Under Consideration

Option to delete MDA dropdown list items

• 18 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Team,

Currently, we don’t have an option to delete a particular dropdown list item from the UI. I know we can get this done from the backend in some urgent cases. It would be really nice to have a alert that gives all the dependencies for the picklist item and if there are no dependencies then allow the user to delete it?

Thanks

~Shiv

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

May be with an option to replace it to another existing picklist when delete available.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Seeing crossover from this post 

I accidentally created a dropdown list (+ dependency)  in the wrong environment and would love to be able to delete it! 

Hi @kyle_handley,

Sorry for the late response.

Right now we cannot delete Dropdown lists, but you can make them inactive when you try to edit the dropdown list value.

Thank you,

Bhawya

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Bhawya is it on the roadmap? I don’t think this should be labeled as “workaround available”

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Inactive is insufficient. It creates a horrible user experience, not to mention admin experience where we need to ensure any Inactives are at the bottom of the list. Users still see the greyed out options and we have to field unnecessary questions about them. 

@ana_g - We have received feedback on this earlier also but as a dropdown item list would have been used in multiple places, we need to thoroughly analyse this along with dependent teams for a final solution.

This is under consideration, I will update this thread once there is more clarity on the timeline.

@gunjanm - Agreed, hence we are analysing this for a better solution.

Thank you,

Bhawya