Opt-out specific Contacts/Persons from specific email programs

Related products: None

With the 6.14 release, CSMs can now opt-out specific contacts from email communications, but I think there is a more granular need to opt contacts out from a specific program.

If there’s a multi-touch program that a customer responds to and indicates they aren’t interested in the content, the CSM should have a way to opt them out from that program only, not from all communications. 

Hi @kelly - have you taken a look at the feature to create custom opt out messages and categories so your recipients can customize the emails they receive? Would this work for your use case? More info here: https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email_Templates/Email_Options_and_Guidelines/Email_Opt-Out_Configurations

@kelly did Dan suggestion worked for you?

No, I’m referring to the CSM’s ability to opt out a contact. Currently, they can opt out a contact from all programs. Sometimes, it may just be a program or two they want to opt them out of receiving.

We have a use cases where a customer may respond that they aren’t interested, or someone from sales asks for no communication as they manage a deal. A CSM has to ask the admin to drop them from an active program.

@kelly We have an “Email opt-out” field in Person object which can be updated by the CSM (Add this field in 360 > person section). This field is automatically respected in all programs and the communication will not be sent if the Person has opted out.

I’m aware - I referenced that feature’s release notes in the post. I’m specifically referring to allowing CSMs to opt out on a program by program basis - not a blanket opt out for all communications.

Hello @kelly 

Currently we don’t have this ability of opt-out program wise. May i know the use case for this?

Hello @kelly 

Currently we don’t have this ability of opt-out program wise. May i know the use case for this?

@kelly could you please let us know the use-case.

There are many automated programs that a CSM may not want their contacts to enter for many reasons, sales is in conversation with them, there’s an escalation, etc.  We automate surveys and survey responses, sometimes the CSM does not want to response to go out automatically because the contact responded directly to the email, etc. 

Hello @kelly 

I have added this as part of email opt out revamp. I will share the scope and plan for revamp early July.