Only allow users with licence to be @ mentioned

Related products: None

We use the SF connector to pull over all users including their active status, we then use the rules in Permissions Bundles to assign the relevant bundle to the relevant people based on role name and active status. However I also manually assign to some users when we have use-cases outside of our typical allocations.

This means that all the other active users of salesforce, who don’t have a GS licence, are still @ mention-able in comments/timeline activities but they either don’t get the notification or if they do they can’t do anything with it as they will see a 404 page. The original poster of the comment doesn’t realise this so they think the message has been sent/received. 

Please can we have a way of users only being able to @ mention other users who actually have a full/viewer licence and are able to see/act on the notification? 

Can you change their status in User Management to Inactive? That would remove them from the @ mention dropdown list.

Are these users completely unlicensed -- not even Viewer?

@john_apple but then they would just get re-activated via the connector job as we are syncing active status within that. We use the active status in the Permissions Bundles rules, so once someone is deactivated in SFDC their licence is taken away in GS automatically. 

They are completely unlicensed yes.

@nitisha_rathi  FYI

@HollySimmons - You could update a rule to make these inactive for now as John suggests. That way, they would not appear in the @mention and you could remove the rule once this product idea is implemented. It will drastically help to keep your users sane. :)

Thanks for your advice @jean.nairon @john_apple 

So what I’ve done is created a new field on the User object called “SF Active” and updated the connector to write to that instead. I use this field (combined with role/profile) to auto allocate (or remove) permissions bundles. 

I’ve also marked all those who do not currently hold a GS licence as inactive. 

So...how does the Active status get set within GS, is it automatically set as True when a licence is enabled (and vice versa)? Or do I need to run a rule for that? 

@nitisha_rathi maybe you know the details? 

Thanks all!

@HollySimmons - I believe you will have to run the rule for that.