"Nudge" feature for CTAs that do not belong to you

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

In the course of managing a customer account, sometimes CTAs get assigned to various individuals - not just the CSM.

If one of the individuals who is assigned a CTA has not taken action on it in a while, it would be cool if there was a "nudge" button in cockpit that would let another user trigger a reminder to the CTA owner that the CTA needs attention. 
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the post. I have few questions -

1. Do you want the reminder to be automatic or manual.

2. For automatic reminders, do you find any limitation in using copilot.

3. For manual reminders, do you find any limitation in using chatter and tagging the person.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the post. I have few questions -

1. Do you want the reminder to be automatic or manual.

2. For automatic reminders, do you find any limitation in using copilot.

3. For manual reminders, do you find any limitation in using chatter and tagging the person.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Nitisha,

Automatic would be nice, but I this could potentially result in lots of extra emails depending on how many CTAs are outstanding in a user's Cockpit. :)

For manual - most of my customers do not use chatter or prefer not to use chatter for these type of communications, so it would be ideal to have an option in product that does not rely on chatter. 
I have a customer who I'm engaging with to talk about practices around collaborating on CTAs. This "Nudge" concept would be very helpful, because the concern is always that one Task owner will not jump on their task(s) and CTAs then remain (and become overdue) in the Cockpit of the CTA Owner. 
Thanks for the details Dan and Tracy. Manual reminders will be possible using Notes & Timeline feature. This will have user tagging (similar to chatter) within each CTA but will not be dependent on chatter.

For automatic reminders, I will recommend using Copilot.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Tracy, Dan,

Just to confirm: You see this as something separate from the real-time or digest-type notifications that would go to that user because they own a Task/CTA or were @mentioned on a post? If yes, another email notification emphasizing the nudge or perhaps highlighting such Tasks/CTAs in Cockpit (or elsewhere in the product)? 
Hi Manu,

Yes, this would definitely be something separate from the current notifications. Here is the use case:

Let's say that you own an account as their CSM and I work in another department (sales, lets say) and there is a CTA that has been assigned to me. And then for whatever reason I allow the CTA to become overdue and you (as the CSM for the account) want to make sure all CTAs are being actioned upon, so an outstanding CTA that belongs to me is a problem.

The nudge feature would allow you to trigger a system notification (ideally email) to me reminding me that the CTA needs attention. 

Hopefully this helps clarify a bit?

Thanks,

Dan
Makes sense. So basically a separate "you've been nudged" email that goes out to the user outside of the standard notifications structure. It's definitely an interesting idea and worth considering!
Hi @Manu, @Nitisha - any thoughts on if this suggestion might still be useful?
This will be useful, Dan. We will take it up along with other notification enhancements. ETA not yet decided.