Cannot create Actions with linked objects for Relationship type Bionic rules

Related products: None

While trying to recreate a few custom rules as bionic rules, we've found a limitation in bionic rules.

Currently, there is a limitation where we cannot create actions with linked objects from Relationship level bionic rules, within a single data fetch.

There's a way to do it, but it requires a secondary data fetch and performing the steps below:

1. We need to create another Dataset Fetch task and then perform a Merge with the existing task.

2. In the Merge task apply same filter criteria as configured in the Relationship configuration and retain only the matching records from both the datasets.

I'm wondering if there's any plan on making this doable within a single fetch?  It seems like we were able to accomplish this in custom rules, before grabbing two data sets was possible?
This definitely does not make using bionic rules for relationships appealing.  I can do exactly what I need to with a custom rule and with two less steps.  Why build a second generation feature with a downgrade in functionality?  What is done for us in a custom rule (mapping to the relationship), I now have to manually do myself in a bionic rule?  And that just opens the door for human error.
Hi,

While we are working on bridging all the gaps between custom and Bionic Rules, we are also working on a utility that you can use to convert your custom rule to Bionic Rule. The utility will itself create the additional step required in Bionic Rules. 

I understand it is a pain to perform additional steps for what could be acheived just by a single step in custom rules. As we try to bridge the gaps, this is definitely on our plate and I will keep you posted on the same.

Regards,

Jitin
Thank you.  That is helpful to know.