[Feature Request] Invest in Improving Gainsight UI Responsiveness & Zoom & User Experience

Related products: None

I have seen a increase in ticket requests where individuals have ran into issues about the UI not being as responsive as expected. Few Examples:

• Doing a higher browser zoom than default will result in report builder being configurable.

• Doing a higher browser zoom than default in Relationships configuration, you won't see the plus sign to add relationship mapping.

• There has been several occasions where a user has to clear cache because a UI element does not show.

• There is slowness in someplaces when feature is turned on such as private file attachments for CTAs.
It be nice if we put more time in improving the flow & improve user experience at the same time.
Correction  "builder being un-configurable."
I am part of the UI team. Thanks for the feedback, I am going to looking into these issues and try and fix them. I would need additional information from you before I can make progress on these. I am listing my comments below for each of the items you mentioned.

1) Doing a higher browser zoom than default will result in report builder being configurable.

My comments: We did not support the ability to use browser zoom across Gainsight. However since you have highlighted an increase in the number of issues especially in Report Builder, we will focus on fixing it ReportBuilder in the short term and then think about extending this support to other parts of Gainsight. 

2) Doing a higher browser zoom than default in Relationships configuration, you won't see the plus sign to add relationship mapping.

My Comments/Followup: Since this is a Pop-Up, it is going to be trickier to solve this unless we change the design inside the popup to be little more responsive. While I cannot guarantee a fix, I would like to understand what a common zoom level is. Is it 110%, 125%, 150% or even more than that? 

3) There has been several occasions where a user has to clear cache because a UI element does not show.

Followup Question: Could you give specific examples of where this occurred. This will help us in debugging and fixing this more easily. Otherwise, we would just be searching for a needle in a haystack. 

4) There is slowness in someplaces when feature is turned on such as private file attachments for CTAs.

My comments/followup: We use SFDC Chatter file attachment infra to support private CTA file attachments. While we completely rely on SFDC Chatter component, I wanted to confirm if you are referring to slowness in the Chatter component or slowness in other areas of Cockpit due to the inclusion of the Chatter component?  
Hello Ramesh!

I can't speak on entirely for all customers, which I will allow them to chime in separately, that be said I will do my best to reply to your comments : ) .

1) Doing a higher browser zoom than default will result in report builder being configurable.

My comments: We did not support the ability to use browser zoom across Gainsight. However since you have highlighted an increase in the number of issues especially in Report Builder, we will focus on fixing it ReportBuilder in the short term and then think about extending this support to other parts of Gainsight. 

Kevin's Reply : Sweet, I am hoping future fix will accomodate as many possibilities as possible, as its unpredictable what a user would view Gainsight.

2) Doing a higher browser zoom than default in Relationships configuration, you won't see the plus sign to add relationship mapping.

My Comments/Followup: Since this is a Pop-Up, it is going to be trickier to solve this unless we change the design inside the popup to be little more responsive. While I cannot guarantee a fix, I would like to understand what a common zoom level is. Is it 110%, 125%, 150% or even more than that? 

Kevin's Reply: In my occasion going higher than 100% the issue would happen, I would agree its tricky and again I can't speak on the common zoom level as people would zoom based on monitor resolution.

3) There has been several occasions where a user has to clear cache because a UI element does not show.

Followup Question: Could you give specific examples of where this occurred. This will help us in debugging and fixing this more easily. Otherwise, we would just be searching for a needle in a haystack. 

Kevin's Reply: Most prominent in Bionic Rules , where an object won't show up in the select list or that list doesn't load. Rules not starting when you hit the run button. Saving of Bionic Rules. Cockpit page spinning on load. All these issue tickets usually get temporarily solved by clear cache, and its become the norm. I feel it shouldn't be as I remember a time where users didn't have to do that. 

4) There is slowness in someplaces when feature is turned on such as private file attachments for CTAs.

My comments/followup: We use SFDC Chatter file attachment infra to support private CTA file attachments. While we completely rely on SFDC Chatter component, I wanted to confirm if you are referring to slowness in the Chatter component or slowness in other areas of Cockpit due to the inclusion of the Chatter component?  

Kevin's Reply: For the customer its was due to loadingCTA details it would get slow. I guess there is a relation if chatter has to load with the CTA, which now sounds like an SFDC issue which I am unsure how we could improve that?
Hi Kevin,

On #3, Cockpit spinning - Ideally cache will help to load page faster. However your comments are different. 

'Cockpit page spinning on load' - Spinning page icon will be visible till the page gets loaded. We agree the performance concern on page load time and team is looking at it. Usually load times depends on number of fetching records and its mappings with other objects.

Is your query is on cockpit page load time (performance concern) or you are not getting the page (only spinning is visible) till you clear cache and load the page again ?

If you are not getting the page (spinning continuously) till you clear cache, we would like to have a call with you to review the issue.

Thanks,

Sekhar