New HA Expand All/Collapse All not usable in current state

Related products: None

I was SO excited to see the new “Expand All/Collapse All” configuration available in Horizon Analytics reporting, as it used to be available in the legacy reporting. However, I was very disappointed to find that the functionality as it exists today is not usable.

For example, we have a report of Products Purchased on the C360. Given our organization, our customers purchase varying products for schools in their district. A large district could have many, many records on this report. The master report that I connect to the Related List will have 1000+ records, easily.

The current functionality of Expand All/Collapse All limits records returned in the report not only in Report Builder but also in the related list reports. 

This means, that when I turn “on” Expand All/Collapse All functionality for a report that has 1000+ records on the report (which, any report I make into a Related List on the C360 will be, as it’s not filtered because the C360 filters it for me) it excludes data, both in the user-facing report and in my master report.

Our top use cases for this functionality involve reports that are brought into Dashboards or Related Lists, which have their own filtering capabilities so I do not use filters on the report. Any report that I do not have pre-filtered to return less than 1000 records will not be able to use this functionality.

I am happy to provide screenshots privately with Gainsight!

+1 agree with Sarah.  I understand the purposes of limiting the records for load times, etc.  Maybe an option to select whether you want to show all the records or not?

+1

@sarahmiracle  - Just to confirm in the reports in C360 and Dashboard also after filtering the records you expect to be returned are 1000+  and they need to be able to have expand all functionality ? 

@Azad thanks for getting in touch on this request!

Yes, that’s correct -- even after having been filtered by Company ID in the C360, for example, I still could have 1000+ records in the report. Ideally, the user experience would be the same for them and they would have the ability to expand all/collapse all. 

Here is what is happening:

• Create master report in Report Builder (master report returns thousands of records)
  • Add functionality to Collapse All/Expand All to the report (then I get the notification below)
  • Add report to C360 as a Related List
  • Navigate to C360 for Company that I know will have 1000+ records on their filtered report
  • “Collapse All” on the report in the C360
  • Scroll to the bottom of the report, and I see it stops me at B (this is an alphabetized report, so I know it is not displaying all records)
    • There’s nothing I can do further to see more records in this report on C360 except download the data.

Here’s what I would like to happen:

• Create master report in Report Builder (master report returns thousands of records)
  • Add functionality to Collapse All/Expand All to the report
  • Add report to C360 as a Related List
  • Navigate to C360 for Company that I know will have 1000+ records on their filtered report
  • “Collapse All” on the report in the C360
  • Scroll to the bottom of the report, and I see it stops me at B (it’s an alphabetized report)
  • Click the “page” arrow to view the next page of records to show me up to D..or F...or H...or K...(and so on, and so on)
  • Ability to still use the filtering capabilities for the Grouped field so a user can filter for a specific grouping

I also noticed that enabling “Collapse All/Expand All” removes the other report functionality that we use and love, such as pagination and the ability to change the number of records displayed in the view. 

@sarahmiracle  - if even after filtering for a company the records are 1000+ then would expand all collapse all help ? if so would love to connect on a short call and understand the Usecase. 

I also noticed that enabling “Collapse All/Expand All” removes the other report functionality that we use and love, such as pagination and the ability to change the number of records displayed in the view. 

For us there are huge performance limitations that i can demo due to which we are currently not able to support this as intended. 

@Azad happy to connect! I think it will really help to demonstrate some examples live. Thanks