Need to know if rule is active/inactive on Data Management

Related products: None

We have lots of MDA subject areas (and rules!). We go to Data Management and dependencies section to see what rules are related to our specific objects.

I'd love to be able to see in the dependency section of Data Management if the rule is active or inactive

Thank you!
Hi Edgar,

That is a good suggestion. We will further assess the priority and update you.

Thank you,

Jitin

I keep stumbling over this ever since we killed off Custom rules. The rule dependencies should say whether they are active or inactive and as plus would be what type of rule; Bionic, Account/Relationship.

Bringing this back up - there can be a ton of old versions of Rules that are retained for historical reference. This makes it impossible to figure out which Rules actually need updating when looking for a particular field reference in the Dependencies section. Please prioritize this!

@gunjanm I don’t disagree with this ask, but as a workaround we establish a “Decommissioned” naming convention so that when we disable rules we add “D.MMDDYYYY” to the beginning of rule names when we turn them off.

@gunjanm I don’t disagree with this ask, but as a workaround we establish a “Decommissioned” naming convention so that when we disable rules we add “D.MMDDYYYY” to the beginning of rule names when we turn them off.

@darkknight currently we don’t have this enhancement in our road-map, I would go with @darkknight comment for a workaround. 

Our instance has been around since 2014. Is it really that difficult to add the whether or not a Dependent rule is Active or Inactive? I’ve got 100s of inactive rules to go “rename”. Please consider this enhancement request. 

Yes, agree this could also be added to the filters if that was easier? Naming convention is a good idea but a lot to do in hindsight of an aged instance. 😑