Need more date filters for reports 2.0

Related products: None

It would be great to have more date filters. Maybe a custom filter that allows you to see anything you want. You would not longer need all the filters you have and no one would probably ask for another filter after this update. You could have it set up so that you say case "Close Date" = DROPDOWN ["last" and "next"] then have a number field I can input any number I want and then after that DROPDOWN ["days, weeks, months, years"]
Here is a picture of what I am looking for. 

:)

Thanks for the awesome feedback, Andrew! Team is actually working on implementing what you described. Last option will however be restricted to only "Days".
That is very cool. I'm glad you all are one step ahead of me. if it is restricted to days that is just fine as well. I can count 🙂
Do you know what release this would be planned for?
Hi Andrew,

Tentative ETA is May release.

Thanks!
Hi,

I have a request for the same feature, though I am asking specifically for the "month" option: I would like filter only dates for 3 months out. For example, in all of March I only want results in June. Currently, the only options I have to filter months are current, next, and last.

Best,

Brendan
so you want to be able to "cap" the forecasting to a certain month? 
Yes
have you tried to use the term "Next quarter" that would capture April, May, June
Explored it, but the user of the dash is trying to capture as little extraneous data as possible, and at the end of a quarter, too much will be in the front of the report, ahead of the useful data. Thank you for the suggestion though!
what date are you using in the "by" section and what date are you using in the filter section...i.e. "created date" or "closed date". I have experienced the same and if you put something like "created date" in the by section and then "closed date" in the filter section for Next quarter or vice-a-versa then you may get what you want but yes that is a limitation I have faced as well. if you feel comfortable just share a screenshot so I can see what your report looks like just remove any sensitive data like account names or numbers, ect. 
Thanks for the help, Andrew! Unfortunately, the object I'm pulling doesn't have too much other helpful info. I've already filed a ticket with support, who determined that what I'm looking for is not currently possible.
Hey Brendan, just looking at this thread. have you tried between filter for dates?
Hey Brendan, just looking at this thread. have you tried between filter for dates?
problem with between filter with dates is it is not dynamic they are static dates for what he is trying to do I believe. 
Andrew is correct.
I would need more flexibility at month level, my CSMs always think that there is something wrong with the data, but it's because of the filter I use for some reports, and that is Last 120 Days. The problem is that some months get truncated because of this, and the graphs won't show the full picture.

In the example below, May is truncated because the Last 120 Days only includes some of the days in May.

So you would simply need something that gave you "Last N Months" we have the ability to show "Las N Days" but not months right now. If we did you would capture the entire month in each time interval. 
Yeah, this would be exactly what I need, it would avoid so much confusion with my internal consumers of Gainsight reports, dashboards etc
Sure Cristina, we can go ahead and add some more standard duration filters like "Last N months" and "Last N weeks". I will add it to the roadmap and let you know when we pick it up.
Much appreciated!
We could really use CY to Date and FY to Date functionality to facilitate our reporting.  Thanks!
Adding that our company would also like the;

• "Last N Quarters"

• "Last N Months"

• "Last N Weeks"
options.
Do we know when this stands? Quarters and months would be key for our company as we look to do reviews with our customers. 
To expand on @willybeanes comment - in addition to Last N Quarters/Months/Weeks, I think we would require also Previous N Quarters/Months/Weeks. That would give us an option to either include or ignore current Quarter/Month/Week

• "Last N Quarters"

• "Last N Months"

• "Last N Weeks"

• "Previous N Quarters"

• "Previous N Months"

• "Previous N Weeks"
Last section is critical to us for success snapshot exports which are used for year overviews where reports grouped by Quarters or Months are incomplete.