Multi-Picklist values into separate line items in MDA table

Related products: None

Don't know if this is more of a question or an idea, but putting this out there as I don't know if this is possible in Gainsight already.

I have a multi-picklist field for selection of product names that can have a variety of combined selections.

I want to try and capture those values as multiple rows in a single column, and write out to an MDA table. (for any Linux geeks, kind of like you can do with an AWK statement in a shell script)

Anyone know if this is already possible in Gainsight?

If not, then would be great if it could accomodate such a use case.
Hi Jeff, 

Mapping of Multi-Picklist to string is possible via rules. This might help in solving your use case. Can you provide more details about the use case(example if possible), so that we can explore more.
II know you can write out the multi picklist values into a single stream separated by commas for example but I need the values in the multi pick list to be split out onto separate rows
Sai - this has become a really big pain point for us.  

We have 3 multi-picklist fields, each with 10-15 options to choose from.  This results in somewhere around 256 different possible combinations that can be chosen.   Without the ability to parse out the multi-picklist values into separate lines, I would have to write @256 rules in order to account for all the possible combinations.   

Instead, our Salesforce team is looking into building a custom object for us with a trigger script to parse it out and store in SF.  But this really takes a core chunk of the processes we're trying to build out of Gainsight's control.   

@sekhar_dutta / @abhilesh_khatri 

The ‘Survey User Answer’ object has one record per option selected by a respondent.

There is a way to do this now via Data Designer.

Note: I completely agree that there should be a more elegant integration/solution that should be made available. 

1. There is a survey that had a multi-select answer. My customer required the answers to be comma-separated in one field. Question on the survey was: Why would a customer renew? Understandably, there are more than one reasons why that will be the case.

2. Start with the flattened object in the data designer and bring the boolean fields that have a value of 1 when a specific choice is made. Not sure what that is? Create a simple report and you would know which fields are these by creating a report on these fields. It looks like this.

3. Create a transform task: Case statements. Create a field that has value of the option if the corresponding boolean field is true and blank (spaces) if the boolean field is false. Note: I have created one case field per choice. I am not sure if there is a better way to do this. See below on how a case statement/field looks like.

4. Create another transform task: Concat. This tasks concatenates all the above fields into a single string.
  5. Final result looks like this:

Thanks to @manu_mittal for suggesting the solution above.

Hi, I have tried this solution and the concatenate does not appear to work if I just use the space bar in the Default for the CASE. But works fine if I use a comma as the default. Is there anyway to enter just a space

@meenal_shukla