Move or migrate Timeline entries to different Account IDs

Related products: None

We have several circumstances where we have migrated records, product assets, or other information from one account object to another. We need an administrator tool similar to Mass Edit for CTAs that allows us to move Timeline entries from one account to another.
Can you share some of the use cases:

A couple I can think of:

1.  Account Merge (should merge all timelines entries into target account)

2.  Mistake - timeline entries put on wrong account

Others?  How often does this occur?  
Can you share some of the use cases:

A couple I can think of:

1.  Account Merge (should merge all timelines entries into target account)

2.  Mistake - timeline entries put on wrong account

Others?  How often does this occur?  
Use Case 1: Two accounts were created (perhaps two distinct offices of a corporation) and most records were merged to one account, but the other held all previous timeline entities. It would be preferred to move the timeline entries as well.

There is a second nearly identical use case where, as you suggested, one account was a duplicate, possibly from bad lead conversion, but the same actions would be needed.

Frequency: A few times a year

Use Case 2: A large corporation purchased and had a single account, but now some of the products are being purchased by sub-accounts and the relationships with distinct product instances and admins are now being managed on multiple subordinate accounts on the same hierarchy. We would need to move the timeline records to the subordinate accounts perhaps depending on which contacts were present, and potentially even duplicate some timeline records.

Frequency: A few times a month
Any news on this one? We also have more and more changes on accounts hierarchies and the CSMs want to have Timeline entries migrated accordingly. As we are not able to do this ourselves, this will require constant effort from your support teams.

Hi Manuel,

As you noted, you can submit a support request and our tech operations team can perform the merges for you.

In addition, we are working on a robust Company Merge capability that will allow merging of assets like Timeline in cases where you have to make account changes that would impact Company name or hierarchies.

I’ve recently had two issues with my CSMs logging activities on the wrong accounts by accident.  It’s very useful for us to be able to change the Account ID on an activity.  Even if it’s only the admin that can do it.

@All, We are considering this enhancement in the short term.

Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.