Move CTA & Task due dates into the past

Related products: None

I have a number of CTAs with Tasks, where the last Task is due on the same date as the CTA due date. I can't move the CTA due date into the past easily, because I get this error: 

If I change the CTA due date into the past, I would like to get the same option that I get when moving a CTA due date into the future, so that I can slide all those CTA due dates into the past as well:

My specific use case is that we're just implementing Gainsight, and I'm trying to load in the CTAs for renewals and newly-signed customers, since I'd like those CTAs to be there for CSMs to work off of as if we'd had Gainsight all along. I'll use a Rule to generate the CTAs, but I can't use the Rule to apply the Playbooks, since I would have to manually change every Task's due date before changing the CTA due date. Instead, I will need to:

1. Have the Rule generate all the CTAs with incorrect due dates. (I can't have the Rule generate the CTAs with the correct due dates right off the bat because of a separate feature request.)

2. Then manually change every CTA due date (or use DataLoader to do so)

3. Then manually apply the appropriate Playbook to every CTA
I totally agreed with him! We have here the same use cases.

Please focus on that.

Make the CSMs change the task due date are making them less productive. And make us discard the playbook use.

Hi Seth,

For the Initial issue posted: Goto the Task which has highest due date and reduce the Due Date, then from the Cascading options select 'Yes, for all tasks and CTA' and it will reduce the CTA due date as well. Hope this will reduce the steps you mentioned for the use-case.

Few Questions that i have:

1) Why do we want to Create a CTA for a CSM that is Overdue that he should work on?

I understand that its Historical data, but in that case CSM needs to spend sometime to complete the action or is it that Closed CTAs are being created just for tracking purpose.

2) How frequently do we get this kind of use-cases?

Regards,

Hitesh
Olavo, would love to hear your thoughts here! Since I posted this long ago, and I've moved on from InsightSquared and now work at Gainsight but not as an admin, you're much closer to this pain point than I am.