Response from Customer

Milestone Rules - Note Formatting

• 22 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Currently, if you create a milestone from a rule, it just puts everything into a large text block. It would be great if you could do formatting. It would also be helpful to create a timeline entry that can be something other than a “milestone” type.

For example, we have a timeline milestone created when a new Account Plan is created/ updated in SFDC. We would like the formatting to be like below so that it is easier to read, but instead everything is put into one massive paragraph.

${Updater_Full_Name} updated ${Changed_Field} for the "${Plan_Name}" on ${Update_Date}.

Account Plan Details:

Account Goals: ${Account_Goals}

This Account Will Renew If: ${This_Account_will_renew_if}

30 Day Plan: ${Thirty_Day_Plan}

90 Day Plan: ${Ninety_Day_Plan}

365 Day Plan: ${ThreeSixtyFive_Day_Plan}

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

@andreammelde  This should be possible today you can format it like below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sai_ram  if we are importing using a rule though it does not keep the formatting of the original field

Userlevel 7
Badge

@andreammelde got you, redirecting this to our product team. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

@andreammelde I confirmed with product team and formatting should work here. I am redirecting this to our support team to check the configuration. Our support team will get back to you on this. 

Userlevel 1

any updates on this?  I didn’t know that you can create a milestone activity entry from a rule.  Looking forward to trying it out, but formatting would be very helpful as well.  Also creating other types of activity entries - such as EBR from rules would be great (since they are logged to salesforce, not to Gainsight typically).