Mass Edit - simplify filters so that all actions can be available

Related products: None

When I use the Mass Edit, it only gives me the option to “Reassign Ownership” or “Delete”. I need to be able to update the status.

According to this post, I should add/ remove certain filters but it is super finicky. For example, I am trying to set CTAs to “Close No Action” for CTAs that were defaulted assigned to Admins for cleanup. However, as soon as I add multiple Types to the filter it does not allow me to change the status. That means I have to run this by each CTA type.

Mass Edit is supposed to make it easier for admins, but frankly it only helps if you need to do a mass delete (which is not ideal).

Additionally - we should be able to do mass edits on Objectives

@andreammelde sorry for the inconvenience. I will check on it and get back to you.

+@sriram pasupathi 

@andreammelde Since status, reason and priority might be different for different CTA types, we have to have this CTA type restriction in place. For example, CTA type “Activity” might have a status called “on hold” but CTA type “Risk” might not. If we try to change all CTAs to have the status as “on hold” since will throw error since “on hold” is not defined against the CTA type risk. Hope that explains why the product behaves that way. 

Mass edit on objectives is something we are looking at. We will update you once we figure out a release plan.

+1 on being able to mass edit the status of objectives!

@andreammelde Since status, reason and priority might be different for different CTA types, we have to have this CTA type restriction in place. For example, CTA type “Activity” might have a status called “on hold” but CTA type “Risk” might not. If we try to change all CTAs to have the status as “on hold” since will throw error since “on hold” is not defined against the CTA type risk. Hope that explains why the product behaves that way. 

Mass edit on objectives is something we are looking at. We will update you once we figure out a release plan.

If more than one CTA type is selected, why not allow the admin to select the appropriate status for each type all at once, without needing to re-filter the mass edit each time?

Also, I have yet to see why Objective does not get a status option at all. It’s now almost 2024 and one of the basic requests from this six year old “implemented” request is not possible 

We do not have the ability, outside of API, to mass change the status of objectives via rule or Mass Edit. Why? @anirbandutta can we get some ? on these requests?