Mass Edit and Delete Options Not Available for Success Plans

Related products: None

Our team has begun to utilize success plans more often and have hit a couple of major road blocks compared to CTA administration.

1. There isn't a rule option to delete or close success plans

2. We can use mass edit to change the assignees for the individual objectives but there is no way to mass edit/update the plan owner

These two issues have made it pretty cumbersome to manage existing success plans.

Hi Katie, currently this is not in our road-map, will update you once we add this to our road map.

Thanks for bring this up!

Our team needs functionality like this! We'd like to migrate Success Plans to new CSMs when accounts transition, and close old Success Plans in bulk that are no longer relevant. We have 100s that need to be closed, so doing it one by one is so painful!!!

Hi Jessica, Thanks for writing your use-case here, as I said above currently this enhancement is not in our road-map, but we will consider your request based on the number of customer interests.

@All, please hit like or follow to increase the priority.

Thanks for bring this up!

As Gainsight hopes to move more into edtech, this will be a critical feature to have.

We’ve released this enhancement in the NXT platform with the v6.12 release.

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.12 release. Gainsight now enables Admins to perform mass edit actions on Success Plans, including Reassign Ownership and Delete Success Plans in bulk.

You can find the relevant information in our article

This feature is implemented only in the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!

This does not fully address the question of being able to “close” success plans. Is the ability to close success plans on mass edit on the roadmap?

This does not fully address the question of being able to “close” success plans. Is the ability to close success plans on mass edit on the roadmap?

@andreammelde yes, we do have success plans 2.0 planned.

HI @andreammelde 

Closing success plan via rules engine is in mid term roadmap. Will this partially solve the problem?

@Anil Raj Pujari This would only solve the first part of @katie_b’s original post. The second is still a major painpoint. 

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.12 release. Gainsight now enables Admins to perform mass edit actions on Success Plans, including Reassign Ownership and Delete Success Plans in bulk.

You can find the relevant information in our article

This feature is implemented only in the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!

Noticed on the mass edit - you can only delete “not closed” success plans. there is a filter on the mass edit that does not all you to select “closed” success plans and it is not configurable to an Admin.

As the Admin, I should be able to delete anything I need to.

@anirbandutta is there a reason this is marked as “response from customer”? This does not appear to be fully solved and it is unclear what customer input is needed.

We are trying to clean up old success plans that to reduce the number of types in our instance by deleting some closed ones.  Why can’t we have this option in the filter?

I need to mass delete 300 success plans that were created in error. They are marked closed to remove them from the Onboarding Managers’ radars, so I can’t modify them in Mass Edit. This is a huge pain. 

My ideal functionality would be:

1. Be able to mass edit/delete success plans using a status filter I create myself - do NOT lock me into Open SPs only
  2. Be prompted for what actions to take with related records, such as Objective CTAs, their tasks, and any Timeline Activities (ie move to Company, delete)

Would love to know if Gainsight has looked into this further or if there is a workaround!