Mark Global Playbooks inactive for specific Relationships

Related products: None

Sometimes, Global Playbooks do relate to the majority of Relationships (in our case Product lines), but not to a couple specific ones. To avoid clutter of Playbooks when creating CTA's for these Relationships, it would be great if we could mark Global Playbooks that are not relevant to a couple of Relationships as inactive for these Relationships.

@Jef Vanlaer We don’t currently have any plans to provide this granular level of flexibility in choosing a playbook. This is primarily because of increase in the admin overhead and possible confusion for the end user on why certain playbooks don’t appear for certain CTAs.

In my opinion, the current situation is more confusing for end-users as they have to choose playbooks from a long list of which quite some are not relevant for the current Relationship type (but as they are useful for multiple, they were created on the global level to avoid the need to duplicate them on multiple Relationship types).

I don't really see the big overhead for an admin, as it would only be setting a switch for the Relationships that don't need the Playbook.

@Jef Vanlaer Thanks for the response. Are you on Salesforce edition or NXT edition? In NXT, if you enable horizon experience for cockpit, we have the add playbook pop-up where you search and find a playbook you need without needing to scroll.

To have this experience, you have to be in NXT edition and enable horizon experience in Cockpit settings.

@Jef Vanlaer did you get a chance to view the comments posted by @sriram pasupathi ?

Hi @sai_ram and @sriram pasupathi 

I did see the comment. We did not switch to Cockpit on Horizon Experience yet, as there was still a loophole with tasks on CTA's you do not own, not appearing in My Work. I saw there was a workaround, but did not like it so we are waiting for this to be fixed properly (based on a discussion with our CSM).

Regardless, if I look at the picture, it seems like there could still be a very long list of useless Playbooks in our setup, so my feature suggestion still stands.

tasks on CTA's you do not own, not appearing in My Work.

@Jef Vanlaer We are shipping this in a week’s time. That should help you in making a move to the horizon experience. Like shown in the image above, we have a search bar where you can quickly search for the exact playbook among the long list of playbooks. Please do let us know your thoughts. Thanks.

@sriram pasupathi Thanks for the update. I'll follow up once we have activated the new Cockpit.

@Jef Vanlaer Thank you. We shipped this feature:  tasks on CTA's you do not own, not appearing in My Work. Please do let us know your Horizon cockpit experience. Thanks!

Hi @sriram pasupathi 

I just updated Cockpit to the new Horizon Experience. The first feedback from CSM's is very good; it looks a lot more structured and it's easier to find the information they need. 

With respect to the Playbooks: I must say that this is already a nice improvement indeed. Even though the first 4 are not applicable to this Relationship type, it's easier to select the ones that are (and definitely when we keep the naming conventions in order). Being able to de-activate the top 4 for this Relationship type would still be a nice to have, but is not necessarily a very high value add anymore in the new design.

@Jef Vanlaer Thanks for that feedback. We will definitely try to consider your feedback in the future.