Manually Add Time to Date Fields

Related products: None

I've actually had this scenario come up with two different customers today oddly enough, so I figured it's worth posting: It would be nice to be able to manually add time to a date field in the transformation functionality within Bionic Rules.

The use case for both my customers is they wanted to add one day to the subscription end date on their Opportunity object and then map that field to the Renewal Date field in Customer info. So if the sub end date was 12/31/18, the Renewal Date would be 1/1/19. I'm sure there are plenty of other potential use cases out there too.
I initially read this as adding time (10:23 am, 10:23:45, etc) to a date field...converting it to a date/time field.  It sounds like you're saying that there would be a date field which is a offset by a set number of days from a different date field? 

If so, maybe that could be addressed by making Renewal Date a formula field where the value is Contract End Date + 1.  Sorry if I'm missing the mark.  🙂
Oh yeah, I can see how you interpreted it like that. Sorry for the confusion. And yes, it can definitely be an SFDC formula field, which is where I've directed my customers for now. However, I'd like to see this be something we can support independently in Gainsight. Let me know if that clears things up!
Crystal!  🙂
Hey Spencer, what sets the subscription end date on the Opportunity object? Is that a process in SFDC? If so, could you use the date formula in SFDC to set the Renewal Date field first in SFDC and then just use a rule to map that renewal date to the Customer Info object?

This doc has the use case of adding days to a date: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=formula_examples_dates.htm&type=5
Yes, and that's what I'm having them do now. I'd like to see us be able to support such a process in Gainsight's rules engine.
Spencer,

DateAdd() function is in Rule Engine roadmap where you can add number of days to a date field to get a new fields.  I will update you when it gets prioritised.

Thanks and Regards,

Jitin