Make Modular Survey permissions trump Survey Level Permissions

Related products: None

Found out that when I give permission to people at the survey level it automatically trumps all other modular level permissions and anyone that does not have a specific permission to the survey is no longer able to see the survey data. In the same vein when creating a survey it automatically give me survey permissions. I have to go in and delete any survey permissions including myself for everyone else that has modular permissions to see the survey data. 
Hi Andrew,

Survey permissions are designed in a manner that individual survey level permissions trump/override module level permission for Survey.It has following behaviour in terms of permissions.

• The person who creates a survey has full permissions to that survey.

• Person for whom individual survey level permission are not defined for them Module Level permission works on the survey.

• In case of permission is specified for a particular person at a survey level it will trump/override module level permission. 
This behaviour is intended for following reasons.

• Module Level permissions is generally assigned to lot of users.

• Each and every survey should have its own permissioning & security.

• In case if you don't specify permission for any user in a particular survey, Module level permissions is applied to it.
In order to solve your problem, please do not specify any permission at Survey level, it will apply module level permission.

Let me know, if you have more questions on it.
That makes sense but it would be a good idea to not have each time I create a survey to default me to survey level permissions so I have to go in and delete my permissions for everyone to be able to see the survey. I think it would be more of the norm for everyone to want to see all surveys instead of the norm to default survey level permissions right off that bat.
Hi Andrew,

Even if survey defaults you to permissions, it will also allow other people to view/edit survey based on their Survey module level permission. You don't have to go and delete your permissions in order to make it visible for other people.
so I guess I am confused. If It defaults to me for survey level permissions I thought you just said that if anyone has survey level permissions then the survey will not be accessible to those with modular permissions?
I am sorry if it confused you. I meant that if a person has module level permission and then again you specify permission for him at survey level then survey level permission will trump/override the module level permission.But if you don't specify permission for a user at survey level, module level permission will be effective.

Hope this gives you clarity on permissions.
so this must not be the same with CoPilot because I deleted my survey level permissions and then I had an outreach scheduled and this is what I got even though I have modular permissions set to have everything for me as an administrator.