Make global timeline filters sticky

Related products: CS Timeline

I really appreciate Global Timeline. It's so much easier to see activities in an easy-to-digest fashion. However, one pretty important enhancement I'd like is sticky filters. I'm often looking for pretty specific information on Global Timeline when I go there and therefore have to rebuild the same filter logic over and over anytime I log back in. Thanks!

+ 1 for either sticky Global Timeline filters OR "Custom views" like we can create in Cockpit

We would also love to be able to filter by team/manager, so that the managers don't need to type out each of their CSM's names.

agree!

Yep, sticky filters please!

I second this - would be so helpful! My team is asking for it!

This request just landed on my desk as well. Given that Cockpit views can be configured (and thus, have a sticky-like tendency) and that Gainsight Dashboards have sticky filters, it's slightly disorienting for my users to have to re-establish their Global Timeline filters each time.

Adoption of the Global Timeline would be much greater if we had sticky filters. My CSMs barely use it right now because it is so annoying for them to put in the author name every time they go to it.

We've made Timeline filters sticky in our new mobile app. We'll try to bring the same enhancement to our web experience soon!

Are there filters that you feel are missing from Timeline currently that could make it easier to focus on the right set of activities? One example already on this thread is *activities from CSMs on my team or from accounts they manage*.

Thanks!

+1 that would be a great feature! I think custom views would work really well so that CSMs can quickly find what they are looking for without having to re-build with filters each time.

+1 Agree that this would be awesome

Hi @manu_mittal, do you have any update on the availability of this feature?

Hi All,

This feature is in-progress and will be available in next 2-3 months.

Hi All,

This feature is in-progress and will be available in next 2-3 months.

This is great news @nitisha_rathi .. do we have a more accurate ETA?

@sroma you need to upvote this!

@nitisha_rathi Any update on the release date?

This is is coming in Oct release

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.18 release (SFDC / NXT). With this release, the new View functionality gives users options to save applied filters and quickly select them at a later time. Users can save a new view by either selecting the Create New View option from the view dropdown or by clicking the Save As New option that displays when filters are applied to the Timeline List View.

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!

@sroma they implemented this!!! Your team wanted this ;) 

@rakesh_lingala I asked this elsewhere but hadn’t heard back so will try in this thread. Why with the timeline filters not all the fields of the timeline object are available to use? Specifically, I don’t see “milestone type” as an option to filter on?