Under Consideration

Linking URL's in reports

• 16 April 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
When running an opportunity report, it would be beneficial to be able to link to the opportunity just like all Account Names are linkable/clickable off account reporting. In SFDC, the one upside to having our reporting there is the ability to have clickable links to the various opportunities, products, etc so that a CSM can take more actions straight from a report.

I thought I saw something about Gainsight working on allowing URLs in reports for certain objects, is this still the case?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
I'd like to vote this up as well. We've had lots of user stories for linkable items to SFDC objects, especially opportunities.

Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Ky,

URL data type support is currently only available for MDA objects in reports. I think if you wanted SFDC records to be clickable hyperlinks in reports, you'd need to load the records to a custom field (w/ URL Data type) in an MDA object.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
One thing you could do is add a HYPERLINK formula field to an sfdc object and add it to GS reports you're creating.

For a give object, the formula would look something like this:

HYPERLINK("https://your_domain_here.my.salesforce.com/" & Id , "clever_field_name_here" )

The hyperlinked field will display in GS reports as a link and take you to the linked sfdc page.

Different use case, but here's an example of a HYPERLINK formula field in a GS report:

**this particular field pictured just links to a quick survey for our CSMs to give product feedback on behalf of their customers at any time.

Hello:

I ran into this similar issue last week - confirming I was able to build a hyperlink formula directly from the object and it works great. However, because it’s a URL field type, I am unable to group the new custom field.

Are there any updates on being able to group reports by URL field type? I believe this request is on a few other community threads, but figured I’d start here to see if there was any updates.

Thank you!

Best,
Joseph

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@josephcrawford sorry for the inconvenience, I will work on it and get back to you. Thank you.

Userlevel 7

Hi All,

I’ve converted this to an idea. Do upvote it if you want this feature. 

I understand that this would be helpful. However, my understanding is that this hyperlinks only works for SFDC classic edition, not lightning.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi All,

I’ve converted this to an idea. Do upvote it if you want this feature. 

I understand that this would be helpful. However, my understanding is that this hyperlinks only works for SFDC classic edition, not lightning.

@rakesh Not sure if this is applicable here, but you can get lightening URLs to work. You just need to make sure the URL is set up properly. I used Concat() to make one for a JO program. Namely you need to use the lightening pathway as well as force it to open in a new window with target=”_blank”. If you don’t force the link to open in a new page/window with lightening it won’t work.

Concat(<a href=,
https://yoursfdcdomain.lightening.force.com/lightening/r/object_name,
Object_ID_Field,
/view,
” target=”_blank”>,
Display Text,
</a>)