Limited validity of the survey link

Related products: None

Hello,

I would have another suggestion - when sending the survey invitation to customer, it would be good to be able to set time period when the survey link should be valid since sending the invitation. This would be good especially for surveys where there is no start/end date, transactional (on case closure for example) so customers are not responding like more than 2 weeks later since getting the invitation and even for different case for example. So basically the survey link would be valid for n days and the n number could be configured in survey settings.
Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will be adding this to our roadmap, I will wait to see if other users also need same it will help me prioritizing it on our engg roadmap.
I would tend to agree with David. I've found this to be standard in most enterprise surveying tools.

To build on his comments, these are 2 immediate use cases I would have;

1) Support / Case surveys - as you are connecting the response to that specific case, you want the response to be sent back quickly whilst the case is fresh in the recipients mind. You don;t want them taking the survey 2 weeks or more after the case was closed when they have either i) forgotten about that case, or ii) may be responding based on a more recent (new) case experience which is not linked to the original survey.

2) rolling relationship or NPS surveys - in order to feel comfortable publishing results internally, you need to be sure the results will not change! Without being able to expire the survey link, people could respond 3-6 month later and change your historical trend reports when their responses are associated to those previously reported time periods.

Ideally the survey link expiry period could be set per survey. For my case survey I may set it at 7 days and for a relationship/NPS survey, I may set it at 21 days.
Hi Andy, 

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are currently working on enhancement where a survey would be automatically expired at the end date of survey.

However currently you can do it manually, I have attached screenshot of the same below

Hello Praneet, this is not helpful unfortunately. Because for example NPS surveys and also CSAT surveys are ongoing surveys without end date specified - these surveys, once configured are always on. So making the survey link expire when End date of the whole survey is reached would mean us having to close and reopen and close again and reopen the surveys every day or so.
Yes - What David said!

Both my intended surveys are continuous, and so would never close.
This is also something that we would like to see. The ability to expire a survey participant's link but not the master survey. Right now we have a transactional survey that is always open constantly sending surveys every day and it is not good when we get data from someone that received the link three months ago...old, not relevant data. 
Any update on this one to makes sure the user story is clear to product and it is not just an expiration of the master survey?