Limit who can "Grant access to Gainsight Support"

Related products: None

It would be great if we had the ability to limit which of our users can “Grant Access to Gainsight Support”.

We would like for this to only be available to our Admins, and not our endusers.

@rishi are you on NXT or SFDC?

@sai_ram In SFDC this is configurable based on SFDC settings. 

I know in the past I had some customers that did not allow this type of access and this would have been a problem when they moved to NXT.

@rishi This might add on to the number of things an Admin will have to manage for Users. Also, if a user is blocked because of some issue, once they create a Support ticket, either they will have to wait for their Admins to give Support access to Gainsight Support or they will have to ask their admins to enable this feature for them which will delay the issue resolution. 

Also, please note, when a user gives access to Gainsight Support, this generates and Email to all the Admins of the customer. 
Do, let us know if you are finding any other issues or if there are any limitations in the points I mentioned.

Hi @sai_ram .  Bringing this up again in support of the idea.  We do not allow Support access to our instance for anyone because it violates our privacy policy.  I have seen end users grant access without realizing the issue, so the ability to remove this from end users via permission bundles would be extremely useful. 

Thanks!

@rishi This might add on to the number of things an Admin will have to manage for Users. Also, if a user is blocked because of some issue, once they create a Support ticket, either they will have to wait for their Admins to give Support access to Gainsight Support or they will have to ask their admins to enable this feature for them which will delay the issue resolution. 

Also, please note, when a user gives access to Gainsight Support, this generates and Email to all the Admins of the customer. 
Do, let us know if you are finding any other issues or if there are any limitations in the points I mentioned.

While yes it may increase the work slightly it does not increase it that much. An admin would just go into their user record and flip the switch to allow you guys to access it, we wouldn.t even need the end user to allow access. But, you could offer an in between solution. Allow the tenant to be configurable to where the admin can set the entire org to allow users to grant access whenever they want or only allow the admin to do it. This way you solve both use cases.

Also, I am not sure about other orgs, but we do not allow our users to submit tickets and only grant access if there is a user specific issue. As often times they are submitting tickets that has nothing to do with the product so we try to act as a filter for the GS support team cutting down on the number os useless tickets being submitted.