Limit Sharing of Created Views in RC

Related products: None

Currently, anyone can create a view in Renewal Center and share it. You can’t re-share a shared view, but anyone can create one and distribute it.

What I would like, is as an admin to have the ability to change (by permission group ideally), who can share views. I think anyone can still create their own, but perhaps we only want admins, managers and above to share views to ensure the source of truth is consistent. 

@bradley We understand the requirement. We will discuss this internally and will prioritise the feature. 

@vivekreddy I also noticed that if a column/field is consumed in a view, that is considered a dependency which means altering/deleting that field becomes problematic. Especially given there is no visibility on those dependencies.

@bradley Showing the widgets where the field is used in the Data Management dependancy list will solve this issue?

@vivekreddy the post we have here 

will certainly help with the issue of visibility on dependencies, and being able to clear them with a cascade delete. However, the ability to restrict who can create views is still helpful - I really don’t need most of my end users making their own views when part of RC is prescribing certain data and insights we’ve identified as important and actionable.

@bradley I understand the requirement. We will discuss this internally and will update you.