Known Issue: Fix Bug Impacting Backspace When Using Ident in Timeline

Related products: CS Timeline

Apparently this is a known bug but it was news to me, so I’m posting here so others can see:

When you make a post on Timeline and you use the indent button, you are locked out from using the backspace key on your indented text. Delete still works, but backspace not so much. I don’t know if it does this every time, or in only some cases, but I asked support and they are aware of the issue and actively looking to resolve it.

In my case this is NXT but YMMV

@bradley sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for sharing.  I will let you know once we fix this.

Still happening. My users reported to me today. Came to the community to see if it was a bug just in my instance or if others had run into it too

@sai_ram We recently launched and our team is running into this as well.

@sai_ram Any update on this?

@bradley and @jbeker sorry for the delay here. This will be picked in Q2. 

Hello - Just noticed this was occurring again today for me. I had not noticed it before today. Was this ever resolved?

Hello - Just noticed this was occurring again today for me. I had not noticed it before today. Was this ever resolved?

Not sure. @CarollynnC do you know if my ticket ever got resolved 😛? Maybe @anirbandutta can find someone to help

Engaging Support team to look at this.

cc @vaishali_rawat, @Bhawya  

Hi @bradley I have checked on the progress of this issue with engineering team and good news is that, Its been fixed at our dev end and we are looking to deploy in production with one of the next major releases. For which the ETA is yet to be known.

Will update in this forum with the tentative date for this fix once we have a final confirmation from the engineering team. 

Hi @bradley we could see the above issue is now fixed. I tested this in my demo instance and couldnt see any issue. Can you also try from your end and confirm us if it works fine.

Hi @bradley we could see the above issue is now fixed. I tested this in my demo instance and couldnt see any issue. Can you also try from your end and confirm us if it works fine.

Nice, I’ll see if it works In my current instance. As I opened this a year ago, please follow up on the original ticket I opened for this at my last org with the current owner. Thanks!

Under ConsiderationImplemented