Keeping a log of which customers/users have been sent comms via Journey Orchestrator

Related products: None

Hello,

We are just about ready to start utilizing Journey

Orchestrator, starting with a handful of usecases e.g. getting in touch

customers who have not logged into our product for X days and sending focused

training material to a specific customer group.

One thing I have not been able to establish though is where

in C/R360s can I see which Program & Outreach comms went out to which

contacts - I've found posts on here saying this ought to appear in Timeline as

well as SFDC - I see the SFDC set up in JO but would like for our CSMs to be

able to see this in Timeline also as we use TL rather than SFDC. 

I've sent a couple of Advanced outreach to selected contacts

but none of these have been logged in Timeline. Can you advise

please on how to set this up?

Thanks

Katerina 
I don't believe these show up on Timeline today - perhaps that is a roadmap item. 

We built a report off of the Email Logs object in MDA and attached it as a C360 section.
Hi Katerina, 

Emails sent via Journey Orchestrator do not appear in Timeline, but emails sent via Email Assist do. The original intent was to retain the "human touch" aspect of Timeline entries. Recently we've seen more interest with some companies looking to add "tech touch" entries to Timeline as well, so we're adding the ability to include both human and tech touch activities in Timeline to our feature roadmap.
Thanks - I guess I was getting confused by people mentioning 
Thanks - I guess I was getting confused by people mentioning the ability to see this in C360s - guess they may have this set up as per Jeff's suggestion. We'll try that too - definitely need a good way to view who has been sent what via Journey Orchestrator. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

We did the same thing, building a Report off "Email Logs" and then created as Dashboard around that.  There is a delay - so if you're looking at the JO and then trying to match to your report.  You're going to be off a few areas until they sync up again.  But it's great to keep track of what's gone out - and additional information that might be order to get if just using JO.
Also if you need the CSM to show up in the Email Logs table, you'll have to have the fields created within Email Logs and create a rule that updates it.  
This would be cool! Any update on Roadmap?

@dan_ahrens or does anyone know if this has this feature been added yet? 

@amckay - the team overseeing this feature has decided not to change the way this is presented at this time. 

I thought maybe if I used the BCC email to timeline email address combined with “email copy” feature on the JO email step that would work - but it didn’t. 

What does the Email Copy actually do? I thought it would send a version of the email to that address, and ergo end up on the timeline? 

TLDR we really want to have the option (i.e turn on/off per email step) for pushing JO emails to timeline, as this gives the CSM’s full visibility over what is being sent to their clients, having a separate table is not a great solution it should be that the timeline holds all touchpoints (particularly as we push the CSM’s to use email assist extension)

+1 to this idea! CSMs want to get visibility on what is being sent to their customers via JO. 

​​​​​​+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to this idea!

We should be able to see all touch-points our customers are getting, even if you were to create JO emails tab next to Timeline.

We are heavily depending on digital onboarding of our small customers AND life-cycle touch-points, and our AM Team cannot easily see which a particular customer is getting. 

Could I ask why the team decided not to develop this facility?

Thanks

Made this a product idea for CS. @katerina_nemcova and everyone pl vote.

+1000

CSM definitely want to see the emails being logged to timeline especially the one that are being sent on their behalf

+@PavanCh for consideration.